Today…

First, a look at finances

Networth: Still in the negative, but the total that we owe vs. how much we have has decreased by .001% in the past month. (That sounds awful, but I'm glad it's improving. In case it hasn't been said before, we owe a lot thanks to college expenses.)

Assets: increased by 1/3 and over halfway to my original goal. On top of that, it is the most we have ever had in savings. EVER. YAY! I have to say that I am a bit impressed with myself to be able to do that in one month given my lack of steady income.*

Debts: Decreased by .00001%. Ouch. We could definitely do better in this area.

News: Rather than continuing to dedicate all of my income (vs. Justin's) towards assets, over the next few months, I will be putting my money towards debt. This is a little bit saddening for me since Mint says that I would have reached my goal for savings by December, but what can you do? We don't need credit card fees on top of our current debt. At the very least, if something major happens, I know that we have the money to cover it without going into more debt. There is something to be said for that.

Now, a look at what I shouldn't be spending my money on… ;)


1. Free People Sweet Treat Mini Dress

4. Anthropologie Lila Tiered Chemise
5. Anthropologie Sunpane Dress
6. Anthropologie Island Inn Sun Hat

7. Anthropologie Laced Piersica Robe
9. Free People 100 Degree Dress

Surprisingly, I found that I am really liking the very feminine nightwear at Anthropologie. Then, add to that a gorgeous 1950's style dress in the midst… that really ought to go on sale. I mean – come on!?!?! This is a need not a want!! …What about all of the beautiful, lacy, elegant Free People options? I promise that I fall more in love with that store every day. *swoon* :)

Do you have as hard of a time saving and becoming debt free as I am when you see gorgeous clothing from some of the world's finest retailers? It only makes it worse (or better) when items are sold at department stores where I can use coupons. *sigh* I may need help. Is there a group like AA for shoppers? ;)

*Last month I was worried about having a job for the fall, but now I have one and I will be making more money than I did last year. Double yay! :)
** I'm participating in August Break! Join me! Share a link to your blog in the comments below, so I can see what you are up to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...