One Ticket at a Time: Purchasing Decisions

Back at the beginning of the month, I purchased plane tickets to France. I thought I was purchasing 2 tickets, and I was stupidly excited about the very low price we would be paying. It was my first time purchasing plane tickets which I guess makes me a bit naive. When I read "roundtrip", I thought that meant to and from. I couldn't figure out plane seating after I purchased, so I just held off picking a seat until this weekend. That was when I realized that my "amazing price" was for one person's plane tickets "roundtrip". 

*facepalm*

Why do they make purchasing plane tickets so difficult?! I would have been just fine purchasing my tickets separately to and from. I don't need to purchase them together. And then there are 50 bazillion options. I can leave at this time on one of these 3 planes? It's like figuring what kind of coffee you want.
“The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." - Joe Fox (You've Got Mail)
I didn't even really want a cup of coffee to begin with! I don't even like coffee!!

So we called Delta to get Justin a flight, but they couldn't book it with mine for whatever reason. (It had been too long since I purchased?) Then, after they had gotten my credit card information, they inform me that it will be an extra $25 to book on the phone. hahaha… Oh my Delta! How you amuse me!

I basically told them to go "screw themselves" in a very polite manner and then went online to book in which I screwed up the date. (Apparently handling stressful situations at 11PM at night is not my strong suit. Or maybe just handling plane tickets in general isn't? Who knows?!) So Justin has to call and change the date within 24 hours so that we can at least arrive in France on the same flight. *sigh*

And the worst part? … Even after all of the above, I still don't know how to read "roundtrip" flight information. Is it $700 to fly to Rome and back? Or just to Rome? So much for traveling on the cheap!

Maybe one day I'll figure it out.


** This post is thanks to NaBloPoMo, offering bloggers tips, monthly blogging prompts, and chances to win prizes! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so frustrating! I hate how there are all these hidden charges and then additional fees if you actually want to talk to a human. I hope you manage to get it all sorted out (and not at 11 pm! I definitely have learned not to do things late at night - dangerous :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...