Blogtember Challenge

iphone image + clouds stock image

Recently I have decided that:
1) I need to spend more time getting caught up on photo editing. I have images from Charleston, Boston, and New York that I haven't touched.  
2) I want to improve my writing.
How do you do that? By reading, generally. And writing. 
3) I'd like to improve my blogging.
I challenged myself earlier this year to write something every day. I have definitely done quite well at that, but I constantly wonder if I am writing anything worthwhile.
So how am I going to accomplish those goals you may ask?

I'm not sure. In the meantime though, I think I'm going to follow along with Blogtember, a September 20-day challenge. This will, of course, go right along with my financial posts and personal challenge of being out of credit card debt with a sizeable savings account, and a trip to Germany "under my belt" by the end of 2014. (Yay for challenges! … Can you believe how fast the holiday season is approaching?! Eek!!)

So!!! Let's get started!



Today is Tuesday, September 4th; the challenge question is:
If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? 
To be honest, I love my current life. I love the kids I watch, working for a graphic design company, editing photos, blogging, and dealing with my sometimes aggravating mostly amazing husband. What more could I ask for? Nevertheless, I think the point of this question is to think of the most amazing thing you can think of doing within a 3 month timespan while having no financial worries or lifestyle burdens to think about.

I tend to think in lists, so here you go:

1. Whatever I did, I would have to do with my husband. He's the cheese to my macaroni. ;)
2. I'd probably want to take my camera. And photoshop. Because that's what I do. Always.

So what would I do?
1. Learn one-on-one with Lindsay Adler. (Or one-on-two since Justin would be with me.) I'd probably also be happy hanging with Sue Bryce or Jack Davis. (Painting in photoshop?! Heck yeah!)
2. Have a photoshoot with Lindsay Adler, Sue Bryce, or Del Sol, because they are awesome. An overseas photoshoot would be even better. Paris, Italy, London, New York, … Disney World. Yes, I'm even willing to do it at Disney World. :) Of course a fantastic dress with gorgeous hair would be even better. Can I have a shopping spree? ;)
3. Y'know, speaking of photoshoots and one-on-one editing sessions, I would love to spend a few months exploring the world with my camera. No language barriers, no finances to worry about, first class flights everywhere… just me, my camera, and my husband. (Heck, let's give him a camera too! 5d mkIII please!) 
4. And, of course, if Justin is coming along on my around-the-world-in-3-months-excursion, let's throw in some food and allow him to cook with some of the best chefs in the world including, of course, Alton Brown. (I'm sure Justin would prefer to meet engineering people, but this is my dream trip and I like food better!)
I think after doing all of the above, my 3 months would be filled to the brim + more.

What would you do if you had 3 months to do absolutely anything with nothing holding you back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...