Zazzle Poster

image courtesy of Zazzle

Thanks to Klout and Zazzle, Justin and I received a canvas poster in the mail Friday afternoon featuring Van Gogh's Almond Tree. I constantly see beautiful blue paintings in stores with gorgeous white flowers, and I always tell Justin that I want that for our house. Zazzle and Klout totally made it possible by giving me a free canvas poster featuring just that!

personal iphone image of product

While I have to admit I was looking for an actual stretched canvas to arrive on our doorstep rather than an image printed on canvas, Justin and I were able to fix it up over the weekend when we purchased a frame from Ikea. I'm not sure if we are going to hang the image in our bedroom or in the main room, but either way it looks fantastic! We are extremely happy with this purchase.

In case you are wondering, the image is very detailed allowing you to actually see the brush strokes from the painting. I've never actually seen Van Gogh's original piece, but I imagine the detail in the copy is probably not too far from the truth. The biggest difference is probably the texture. Obviously real paint has a different texture than a photograph. Nevertheless, the canvas does provide a bit of texture which Justin and I showcase by not using glass (or plastic) over the image in the frame.

The only negative I found was that I had waited until the last day to use my coupon for the print, and Zazzle is closed on weekends. :( When I couldn't get my coupon to work, I tried calling, but no one answered. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to purchase using the coupon. Luckily, I figured it out. I do think if you email them saying that you had a problem using their coupon, they will respond the next working day to try and right things with you.

If you are looking to buy a poster print from Zazzle, I definitely recommend them. We received our print within a week of ordering in a cylinder encasement. They offer a guarantee: if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return it and get your money back. Zazzle also sells invitations, thank you cards, phone covers, key chains, etc, etc... They sell so many things by so many different artists it's hard for me to keep track of them all! If you need something original though, the artists are quick to respond and help you out. I encourage you to check google for coupons prior to ordering. Zazzle always seems to be running a promotion.

Justin is so happy with this purchase, he has already asked me to look for another poster print of an art piece on Zazzle. While I'm not too certain how I feel having multiple reproduced pieces of art in our home (rather than original pieces by local artists), if I did order another reproduced piece, I would definitely consider ordering from Zazzle! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...