Shop Until You Drop, Vacation Plans, and Weekend Recap

I can think of a half dozen reasons why you should be glad you aren't my husband; most of them are because of how busy I kept him this past weekend. Luckily, the amount of busy-ness experienced by Justin and I meant we got a LOT done.

Last weekend my friend, Thuong, asked Justin and I if we wanted to go to the beach next weekend. She currently works for a hotel and is able to get a great discount, so we jumped at the opportunity. However, with only three weekends left before our guests arrival, we knew that if we went on vacation next weekend, we would need to get almost everything done this weekend.

Justin started the weekend off by building our Ikea Hemnes dresser while I spent the night babysitting. (I think I had more fun!)

Then, on Saturday, we had to re-activate our debit cards for my checking account which took an unspeakable amount of time. (We got free swag though?!) There was a lot of shopping and returning items to stores. (I'm not the biggest fan of keeping nearly $300 worth of merchandise I do not intend on using.) I especially enjoyed the food from Saturday which included a pastry from a German bakery and a delicious fresh salad from a local restaurant I've been wanting to visit for a while, Graft.

As we shopped around on Saturday, I spent a great deal of time looking for a cute summer swimsuit. If there is one thing in this world that I absolutely despise it is swimsuit shopping. We looked all day in every store we went into, but I just wasn't seeing anything I was even interested in. When Justin and I ended the night in Von Maur with 10 minutes until closing time, Justin pointed out a Betsey Johnson swimsuit on a mannequin that I instantly fell in love with.

In case you are interested, they also have the swimsuit in turquoise and yellow as well as a tie-side bottom, a bandeau top and a cover up. The Atlanta Von Maur did not have any of those options, but it is good to know if you are currently swimsuit shopping and you like this style.



I was especially in love with the little details on this swimsuit. The little bows with the buttons. . . and I am always obsessed with lace! Ruffles are pretty awesome and girly as well! :) I <3 Betsey Johnson.

Betsey Johnson clothing is generally pretty expensive and not too great for budgeting, but with this designer in particular though, I am typically impressed with the way the clothing is made and I rarely feel that it will eventually go out of style. Plus, since I hate swimsuit shopping, it's nice to find a swimsuit that I actually like. This may be a first in my entire life. Unfortunately, it is also the most I have ever spent on a swimsuit. :-/

There was also a visit to Anthropologie in which I tried on a few of their newer clothes. Reviews for that trip will come later this week. :)

On Sunday Justin and I stayed home, a nice change from Saturday. There was a lot of cleaning happening. We managed to fill up a recycle bin and one trash bag. It's always surprising how much more we can find to get rid of! Although with it being so difficult to get Justin to go through things, I suppose it really shouldn't be that surprising.

Anyway, with all we got done, we are expecting to finish the majority of our household chores prior to the arrival of our guests.

Did anyone else have a successful/busy weekend?

----------------------------------

As an aside, if you are looking to buy the Rag and Bone Kensington skinny jeans, now may be the time. Saks Fifth Avenue has them available for $140 (orig. $187) after their 25% Friends & Family discount (FRNFAM2) through the 28th!! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...