December IWSG 2019


November Goals
Finish Christmas present.
Ship 3 Christmas presents.
– Finish Christmas shopping. (7/17 gifts)
– Decide about Christmas travel, if any.
Buy a birthday gift.

Additional Successes
• Watched kids for a week.
• Bought clothes I wanted on sale. (I know, silly, but it's better than buying at full price.)
• Cleaned a bit. Got Egypt lamp up and working. (It's been needing fixing since we brought it home 10 months ago.)
• Rented a car for Scotland.
• Went to a few get-togethers willingly. My confidence has been headed upward. This makes me happy.
• Alternator for the truck has been replaced.
• Gifts to friends abroad have been shipped.

December Goals
– Finish Christmas shopping.
– Research Scotland. Make more decisions.
– Get all of my French notes in one place. Print.

IWSG Question –– Let's play a game. Imagine. Role-play. How would you describe your future writer's self, your life and what it looks and feels like if you were living the dream? Or if you are already there, what does it look and feel like? Tell the rest of us. What would you change or improve?

So there is not only being able to write, but being able to write well. Writing stories and sharing ideas that make people do a double-take. Like "wha?" And not necessarily surprise about the piece, but perhaps being impressed by the way the story was told. I think that would be ideal. Using words in interesting ways.

I think my ultimate goal is not necessarily to have something published or become a famous author, but just to be able to express myself in the way that I most desire.

If I made enough money to cover that, that goes above and beyond my dream.

Inspiration/Realization

Ira Glass on Storytelling –



Your Turn

November has been about catching up ... and not falling behind! I think I mostly managed ok, even with getting sick at the very end of it.

Did you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving, if you celebrated?

Have you started preparing for Christmas?

Do you expect December to be the month where you get everything done? Right before the new year hits? Or will you struggle to keep up?

Past IWSG posts: FebruaryMarchMayJuneJulyAugSepOctNov


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...