July Lookback


The past few months I've spent the majority of my time planning travel to LA and now …? That trip is over! Isn't that the way life is? You place a lot of time and energy into something and then BAM! Over.

I've spent a lot of time this month thinking about time – how I spend it, how others spend theirs. How much of our time is a waste? How much time do we spend just keeping ourselves busy? What do our work and effort really mean for the world as a whole? for ourselves as individuals?

Anyway, I can't account for everyone's wasted time (or even if it is, in fact, wasted!) and I will need to think more deeply to discover how I most waste my time. In the meantime, the following is what I've been up to and where I am right now. Maybe in August I will have more answers to my deeper life questions. I'd love to hear what you all think in the meantime though! <3.

Listening to:

Toni Braxton – "Unbreak My Heart", "You're Makin' Me High", "How Could An Angel Break My Heart?", "You Mean the World To Me"
Monica – "Angel of Mine"
K-Ci and Jo-Jo – "All My Life"
All 4 One – "Love You Like That"

I know weird choices this month. 😳

Remembering:

High School. I know that sounds weird, but I had the best senior year. Because I've been listening to older music, it reminds me of all the fun times I had with my friends. Everything from school dances to spend-the-night parties, skipping school together (senior skip day, any day that wasn't important), sitting around just talking late into the night, and, of course, the trips we took! Six Flags, NYC, driving to the mountains just because we could… 

Planning:

travel for 2020 and possibly Christmas 2019? 

I'm also looking at French lessons and ice skating lessons. <3. The only thing holding me up is money.

Anxious about:

A friend.

It's never-ending. I swear.

Interested to Know:

how well my pictures of stars and fireworks turned out. They looked beautiful on the back of the camera!

Keeping A Secret:

What's a secret? 😛I'm not very good at keeping those…

Shopping:

• A wine cooler. Turns out Justin and I have more white and rosé wines than we thought! (Almost 50 bottles! How did that happen?!?!)
• Dresses. I bought the Free People Across the Sea Tunic in Midnight and Sweetest Dreams. (It has pockets!)
Star Adventurer Pro Pack (to help me photograph the stars)
Headphones. (Mine were busted.)
• wine: Lorimar and Avensole. We went to the wineries and tasted them there. The tours were amazing and the tastings were fun!

Reading:

This Is (Not) L.A.: An Insider's Take on the Real Los Angeles by Jen Belik
True Places by Sonja Yoerg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...