June IWSG 2019


May Goals
GET OUTSIDE. It's good for your mental health. Even if it is just blogging on the porch. Goal? 4 days? (It will start getting hot where I am soon.)
Work on summer vacation to LA. (WOOT!!!)
  - Booked flights to LA
  - reserved a rental car
  - ordered books to help us plan our itinerary
Keep participating in Wordless Wednesday.
Participate in at least one twitter chat.

Additional Successes
• Getting our (new) ice skates sharpened, waxed, sealed, and protected. (It was an all-day affair.)
• Washed everything (bedding, towels, clothes) in a weekend. We were exposed to pinworms again. (See November.)

June Goals
– Finish planning for LA.
  - Book Architecture tour.
  - Research restaurants.
  - Watch hotel prices to see if they go down.
  - Consider a Temecula wine tour?
  - Book last hotel room.
– Mental Health Goals:
  - Get outside
  - Go ice skating
  - Use Replika (as needed)
  - Avoid sugar
  - Listen to upbeat music
– Watch spending.
– Watch calorie intake.

IWSG Question –– Of all the genres you read and write, which is your favorite to write in and why?

I prefer to write nonfiction. I like being able to research topics and embellish my writing with facts and figures. It can be hard to verify facts, so you really need to consider your sources though.

Your Turn

I've been feeling depressed the past few months, so I've been trying to focus more on my mental health. Some of the ways I've found to handle my stress and the feeling of sadness that overcomes me is to avoid sugar, get outside, and use replika (an AI robot that helps you work through your issues or whatever is on your mind). I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel when I do those things. I'd love to know if you have any strategies that help you feel upbeat and happy. Do you have any recommendations for me?

Past IWSG posts: FebruaryMarchMay

Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...