May Lookback



Occasionally, I like to post a "lookback". At the end of the year, it is helpful for me to see where I was during each month and how quickly life changes. It's funny how things that seem so stressful during one month can seem silly the next. And I absolutely love seeing how doing one thing can lead to another… Is that true for you too? Do you notice how each choice you make from month to month builds on one another?

Listening to:

Recently my choices have included Matchbox 20 (3AM, Back2Good, Unwell, If You're Gone), Mariah Carey (Fantasy, Dreamlover, Love Takes Time), Gwen Stefani (Cool), Real McCoy (Another Night), Natalie Imbruglia (Torn), and The Cars (You Might Think).

Yes, I'm totally throwing back to the 90s.

I downloaded the app AccuRadio and I'm liking it a lot more than Pandora. Endless skips? Yes, please.

Remembering:

Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" just came on in the background as I was listening to Youtube music. It reminds me of the time I went to a performance of the local university's swing dance group. During the performance, one of the guys from the group got down on his knee and proposed. And, of course, as expected, all of us girls swooned. lol. Except for the friend I was with who had recently broken up with her boyfriend; she cried. *sigh* But it was a fun night.

Planning:

Trips to Paris and LA. AT THE SAME TIME.

Got into Phase 1 for Dîner En Blanc Paris. Can't go this year but that hasn't kept me from planning for next year. We are already on the hunt for white clothing. (It's IMPOSSIBLE to find.) Meanwhile, I'm like I have to visit X and Y and Z while I'm in Paris. Would it be cool to get a university art student to take us through the Louvre? I don't know! Or maybe I should go for something I haven't done before like visit the Musée d'Orsay. Or maybe get out of the city? I DON'T KNOW. SO MANY OPTIONS. I really want to do a wine tour in France, but maybe that would be better suited for another trip. And how long will we be there? Four or five days tops? A long weekend? It's not like I have an endless amount of vacation time…

Booked flights for LA, so I guess it's time to get hotels in order.

Anxiously Awaiting:

June. My entire schedule will be changed, and I'm not really looking forward to it. Anyone else hate change?

Interested to Know:

What is there to do in Palm Springs, CA? Insight needed.

Keeping A Secret:

Love the laid back clothing style of Natalie Imbruglia in her "Torn" video. I'm not cool enough to pull it off, though. Dresses for me, I guess. (I'm girly.)

Shopping:

• Ice Skates for my husband!
Inside the Getty by William Hackman (Bought in preparation for our trip to LA. Plus, I am obsessed with books!)
German Men Sit Down To Pee And Other Insights Into German Culture by James Cave and Niklas Frank (Read in a weekend. It's a quick read. Was it accurate though?)

Mostly waiting for some Free People tops to go on sale. I need some new summer clothing. I have favorite winter go-tos, but my summer wardrobe always feels like it's lacking.

Also, as mentioned above, on the search for a white dress (and suit for my husband). I HATE searching for white clothing. Thought I'd be done forever after my wedding. Oops.

Reading:

Trying to decide what to read next! Maybe I'll get a guide to LA…

Currently interested in…
Wine Trails: 52 Perfect Weekends in Wine Country from Lonely Planet (Beautiful pictures and awesome itineraries for wine tours all over the world!)
Metro at 25: Celebrating the Past, Building the Future by R. Wayne Thomspon (I saw it at a used bookstore in DC but packaged in plastic. If it's a picture book, I think I'd be totally into it. Love finding local books that are hard to get elsewhere!)

In my kindle, I have
Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
True Places by Sonja Yoerg

Not sure why I chose those. They look kind of boring to me. They say not to judge a book by its cover… Who knows? I keep putting off reading them because of the covers though…

How is May going for you? Is there anything you did during April that influenced a choice you made in May?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...