The Friday Five #9: Foods

Relaxing and enjoyable way to start the day, don't you agree?

Last week's Friday Five was on an exciting topic: food! Don't you just love talking about food? I know I do! Join me in answering some of these questions and let's share our favorite foods. I'd love to hear about something I've never had and expand my palate. And maybe you'll discover something in this post that you haven't had too!

1. What is your favorite food?

Obviously it changes weekly. Right now I'm a little obsessed with Mexican street corn, but I also really love croissants. Burrata cheese has been high on my list, especially when served with field greens, tomatoes, a good thick balsamic and olive oil dressing. Anything with truffle oil is delicious. I mean … I could go on and on. :)

Dessert things? Mom's Makin' Cookies (vanilla with brown sugar, cookie dough) and Icing on Top of the Cake (legit pieces of icing mixed in with vanilla ice cream) are my favorite flavors at Baskin' Robbins (ice cream store in the US). I also love sour patch kids and sour straws.

2. What is your favorite food preparation method?

Quick and easy? I don't do much cooking since my husband has all of the skills.

3. What is your favorite cuisine or style of cooking?

I like so many different cuisines. Can I cheat and say American? I love that there is so much variety in the US. Cheap US Mexican is probably a strong go-to in my house. Italian is nice for a date night. I love going to the Greek Festival once a year for Mediterranean inspired foods. Cuban and Hawai'ian styles are super fun. I absolutely love all of the fruits. Give me passion fruit, mango, pineapple, and guava any day! And then there are French pastries…

I'm not a big fan of fish, Asian, or middle eastern style cuisine, but maybe I just haven't tried the right foods yet?

4. Do you have any dietary restrictions and if so what are they?

No, thank goodness! I'd be the most sad if I could not consume dairy, gluten, or peanut butter.

5. If you could introduce the whole world to one ingredient to improve their culinary experience, what would that be and why?

Burrata. Truffle Oil. Thick balsamic vinegar.

These are some of the things that have improved my culinary experience.

What are your foodie thoughts? Did I introduce you to a new food? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...