IWSG #3


At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

Start preparing for April A-Z.
Report car repairman to BBB. (Googled and couldn't find him.)
• Plan for SIX trips
   – April – California?
   – April – Washington DC
    May – Clearwater Beach, FL
   – June – NYC
   July – ?
   December – ?
Continue cleaning. Ideally, get rid of at least five things. 
   1. (broken) tripod 
   2. (broken) charging cables 
   3. a picture
   4. I posted a few things on Poshmark and Ebay, if that counts. And put a few things in my Goodwill pile.
✓ Try to implement some of my 101 in 1001 goals into my travel plans. (Very minimally but still.)
• Complete my January goals
   Finish 2017 financial review.
   Come up with resolutions.
   Update my laptop IOS. (Tried but failed.)
Make sure the backup drive is backed up.

Other Successes:
✓ Edited/deleted over 2000 images.
✓ Posted 5 items on Poshmark.
✓ Added to the trips we will take and started booking hotels/rental cars/etc for them. (Sep – Jekyll Island and NYC)
✓ Researched possibilities for July.
✓ Prepared enough Wordless Wednesday posts to get me through the end of May!
✓ Tried more than 5 different wine varieties in preparation for our April trip to California.
✓  Got through a book!

March Goals:
• Finish 50% or more of April A-Z. (13 posts, edit or delete 4,000 images)
• Finish planning both April trips: California, Washington D.C.
• Rest.

IWSG Question: How do you celebrate when you achieve a writing goal/ finish a story?

Wine? Sleep?

For the most part, I'm just happy to finally be done. I don't do anything particularly special. When I do something special, it's typically a one-time thing.

How do you celebrate when you achieve a goal? Is there anything you do that helps you maintain your focus until you have reached your goal?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...