IWSG #2


At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

Finish 2017 review: specifically financial.
Come up with resolutions or ideas on how to achieve my 2018 goals.
Try, try again to figure out how to update my laptop to the newest operating system.
Contact Mazda about car part recall.
Submit my hotel reimbursement claim to Chase.

Other Successes:
Got caught up responding to comments!!
Blogged ahead!
Submitted information to Earny to get cashback for a purchase made in October.
Bought Data Rescue 5 to save my Hawai'i images!
Participated in a twitter chat (or 3!).
Spent time with family and friends.
Watched hotel and car rental prices to get the best possible deals for our trip to Boston.
Recall and car damage fixed.
Figured out when Washington DC cherry blossom plans with friends will happen.
✓ Contacted Chase about hotel reimbursement claim.

February Goals:
• Start preparing for April A-Z.
• Report car repairman to BBB. (Googled and couldn't find him.)
• Plan for SIX trips (March – Washington DC; April – California?; May – Clearwater Beach, FL?; June – NYC; July – ?; December – ?)
• Continue cleaning. Ideally, get rid of at least five things.
• Try to implement some of my 101 in 1001 things into my travel plans.
• Do the goals I didn't complete in January. (Finish 2017 financial review. Come up with resolutions. Update my laptop.)
• Make sure the backup drive is backed up.

IWSG Question: What do you love about the genre you write in most often?

My writing mostly consists of blogging … which, in essence, is a genre.

What do I love most about it? I love the immediate gratification. Well – sometimes immediate. I love that people can respond to what I write and I can read about their response. You don't get that, or at least not as immediately, with other types of writing.

I also love that it incorporates so many other aspects of my life. When I take a picture, I will edit it up and share it with my writing. In essence, a complete story, accompanied by pictures.

And all of this has me aiming to do my best work, to be as creative as I can be both in my photography, in my blog design, and in my writing. It all meshes together to create my genre.

Even though the last few months of 2017 were difficult for me, I feel like I'm really on top of things this January. Will I stay caught up? Who knows? How did things go for you during this first month of 2018? Are you starting the year off strong?

Also, since I will be prepping for April A-Z, my blog posts may be few and far between (every Wednesday at least!) until that point. Maybe not. We will see. I will do my best to stay caught up, though. Just realize that that is where my time is going, and I will get to your comments as soon as possible. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...