Wordless Wednesday #30

Boston (April 2016)

Don't you just love how I take you all over the world for Wordless Wednesday? Last week it was New York City in the summer; the week before: North Carolina, in the fall; and now? Boston in the spring.

In April 2016, my husband and I went up to Boston with my in-laws to see my husband's great uncle. We'd been up to Boston dozens of times before, but this was the first time I was able to plan and actually see sights. We all went for a walk down the Freedom Trail, completely by accident. It just so happened that we were trying to get from point A to point B and the Freedom Trail was the easiest way to get their (assuming we didn't take public transportation). This walk was one of the best things I have ever done in Boston. Not only did I get to stare up at the city's architecture in amazement (how clean it is!), but I also got the chance to learn about Boston's culture and history. We took a water taxi across the river to our hotel, then on to Little Italy where we found amazing food, daydreamed in the park, and discovered history when we sought out Mother Goose's gravesite. More or less, for someone who had never truly explored Boston before (despite having gone up multiple times), this was the defining trip. This trip was the trip where I fell in love with Boston. Granted Boston and I still have a bit of courting to do before we get engaged or plan the wedding, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a return trip there for a delicious slice of their Boston Cream Pie.

Has that ever happened to you? You visit a place, don't fall in love, vow to never return… Then, you return. And return and return and return. And the place grows on you. Ever had that happen?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...