IWSG #10


At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

October Goals
Finish planning for Boston road trip (October)
Work on travel plans for NYC in November
Plan for New Orleans road trip
Decide and work on travel plans for Christmas trip
Talk to dent guy about getting my car fixed
Get safety recall problem fixed.
Apply for Hilton credit card.

Other Successes –

✓ replaced my broken camera lens.

November Goals –
• Get car dents fixed.
• finish planning for NYC
• finish planning for New Orleans
• figure out December travel
• CHRISTMAS GIFTS


IWSG Question: Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? Have any of them gone on to be published?

I've never participated in NaNo, but I have participated in April A-Z. I feel like these projects are very similar. Both are heavy with writing and both have to be finished within a month. The biggest difference, I think, is that one can be completed over the several months prior (April A-Z) while the other is more about how much you accomplish during one particular month. Given how badly I'm sucking at blogging recently, I can't even imagine taking on a writing project that should be completed during the month. It's much easier for me to think and plan and put together everything (pictures, writing) a few months in advance to be published during a particular month than it would be for me to come up with a plan and not start working on it until November with the goal of being done by the end of the month. Throw Thanksgiving in there and AHHH! You NaNo guys and gals have my utmost respect. <3.

Your Turn


Are you participating in NaNo this month? Have you ever taken on a monthly writing challenge and been successful (whatever that means to you) with it? What advice would you give to someone who is challenging themselves to complete something over the course of the month?


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...