Throwback to August 2013:

Back in August 2013, the furthest I had ever ventured from Atlanta was to NYC. My husband and I had only been married a little over a year and we were prepping for our first trip to Europe. I was overwhelmed, excited, and stressed. I had no idea how hard I would fall for the continent or in what ways it would affect my future (and blog).

Enjoy this throwback and then share with me how travel has affected your lifestyle? Did one trip stand out more for you than any other?


We had a bit of a crazy weekend. Apparently planning trips abroad can keep you a bit busy.

I managed to move up our appointment to get a passport to this Friday which meant I needed to fill out the applications, find Justin's birth certificate (which he didn't actually have), and get everything else in order (and settled away) for that. (You have to go to the Vital Records office if you lose your birth certificate, and even then they will only give you a copy.)

Then I started the application process for Global Entry. For future reference, you need a passport number to apply. You can register and start the application, but you cannot complete it until you have a passport number. Who knew? (I thought I read on a blog that you didn't have to have your passport. They were wrong.)

Justin got his ipad setup for wifi and using his phone as a hot spot. (Not sure how this will help us when traveling, but it's nice to know anyway.)

Then there was the shopping. While most people don't wear flip flops in NYC, I did. Having done so, I got tons of junk in the bottom of it (think road debris and construction) causing the shoe to fail prematurely. I'm not willing to pay more than a few dollars for flip flops, so off to Kohl's we went after noticing a $7 shipping fee. (No, thank you.) We used the Kiosk when they didn't have my size in stock to get free shipping! Yay!!

We also bought a $4 (normally $40) ipad mini case on Amazon with free 2 day shipping. When we get it, I'll review the company so you can get the awesome deal too (assuming it is awesome).

So that was our weekend: a party, travel preparation, shopping, rain, and all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VisualHunt.com
To see other posts from that first trip abroad, check out these:

BEFORE WE LEFT
The Important Parts
As You Wish
5 C's for Group Travel
My Ideal Getaway
Recommendations For Planning A First Trip to Europe
Trip Plans
Packing

UPON RETURNING
My Favorite Part of the Trip
The Best Moments From Our Travels
What I Missed From Home While I was in Europe
What I Missed From Europe When I Returned Home
Things I was Thankful to Get Back to When I Returned Home
Air France vs. Delta
Germany vs. USA
10 Travel Tips for Visiting Europe
How Not to Do the Louvre

HOTEL REVIEWS
Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame
Hilton Molino Stucky (Venice, Italy)
Hotel Belvedere (Portovenere, Italy)
Intercity Hotel (Augsburg, Germany)
Sheraton CDG (Paris, France)

If you could go back in time and relive your first travel experience (abroad or otherwise) all over again, would you? Is there anything you would do differently? … the same?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...