Influenster Voxbox Product Reviews


Just when you think you've tried everything, you get a whole new box of things to try! Thanks Influenster! :)

First up: Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter 

Buy here.

It should be noted that I have thick hair. Not I want thick hair, I'm talking in real life thick hair. The kind of thick my actual real life mother only dreams of. And you know what? Every time I go to the salon, I get my amazing hair dresser Kristy to thin it out. A few strands here, a few strands there, whomp, whomp, gone! The idea is that, instead of looking like this:

Photo credit: Aris.Sanchez via VisualHunt / CC BY-NC-SA

I can look like this…


So, what did I think of Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Spray… ? Well, for one, it is very much a spray! Don't buy this product thinking it will come as a cream like I initially thought. I mean – how much thickening can a spray actually do? Well, this spray is more about giving your hair just the tiniest bit of added oomph. Just enough thickening power to hold new styles and bring out your hair's natural waves. It smells great! And feels light too. You just spray a bit in your hand and then massage it into your hair. Then Bam! Perfection.

While Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy thickening spray does a very good job at what it was designed to do, I don't see myself implementing the new product into my everyday life. For a formal event, sure! But, frankly, I'm just not good enough at doing my own hair for the product to really work for me consistently. Plus, my hair already has plenty of thickness and texture. It's not very often that I would need anything extra.

Buy here.

Next up: Secret Outlast Xtend deodorant in the .5oz size. Perfect for upcoming travels!

Pros: It smells good.

Cons: The smell is strong and "outlasts" my nose.

Y'know how when you use certain kinds of laundry detergent, your clothes smell great for a day or two … and then they don't? Like your nose gets used to the smell and it goes from "wow! That smells freshly cleaned!" to "Ew! Do I need to wash that again? I thought I just washed it!" Yeah, I definitely love things that smell good, but I prefer things where the smell dissipates over time rather than lingering forever. Secret, you almost had me at outlast!

Buy here.

At 180 calories per bar and 12 grams of sugar per granola bar, I'm calling this Sunbelt Bakery Oats & Honey Chewy Granola Bar less healthy than suggested. I do love that it has no preservatives though! And the 2 grams of protein is something! The bar itself tastes strongly of oats and honey. Pretty sweet, almost like a dessert, or like the 12 grams of sugar on the packaging indicates it should taste! 

Verdict: If you are after dessert, purchase this! It is yummy! Almost like a sopapilla if you've ever had one. :) However, if you are after something healthy, grab a piece of fruit instead. It will have the same amount of sugar, but half the calories! Or even better: vegetables!


Finally, as if Influenster secretly intended on prepping me for my upcoming summer vacations, they included Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads, NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil, and Sinful Shine gel nail polish in shade number 1231.

The Cutex nail polish remover pads work decently enough. They get the color off without getting liquid everywhere and they are TSA compliant. Great if you are doing your nails on the run! However, compared to the amount of liquid you would receive in a nail remover product, I feel that these pads are slightly too expensive for what they are.

On the other hand, the NUXE dry oil is simply a delight! Just spritz some on dry skin or your scalp and your skin looks refreshed and rejuvenated almost immediately! And unlike lotions or creams, this product doesn't feel oily or gross after use. Unfortunately, the smell is a bit strong for me, but it disappears pretty quickly, so that's good. :) I only received a small amount of product for testing, but I would love to see how my dry, flakey skin would react over time with continual use of this product… If I get the full product and try it, I'll let you know! :)

Last but not least, what is a summer day without a beautiful nail polish to brighten up your life? The 1231 shade is a bright pink that has been transformed into almost a pastel color. It's neither too bright nor too light and quite fun whether you are spending the day at the beach or perusing shops in the city. I love that the company used gel tech to help the polish last longer; I know, for me, it always comes off in a day or two leaving me wondering why I dained to put it on the first place! With fun polish like this, I don't have to worry that I'm wasting my time. (Plus, the color is just awesome!)

Out of all that I received from Influenster, which products would you be most interested in trying? Are you signed up with Influenster to receive free products in exchange for a review? (You don't have to have a blog!)


1 comment:

  1. I snorted at the thickening hair lifter. I, too, have thick hair. My hairdresser also thins my hair. (Speaking of, I really should get this mass of weight cut soon. It's too much at the moment.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...