Wedding Prep

Last night Justin and I took my thrift store find. . .



to the dry cleaners, so that I would be able to wear it on Saturday for Justin's friends elopement/party/wedding. You have no idea how excited I was to find this dress for so cheap. Originally priced around $100 (or more) and sold at one of my favorite stores (Anthropologie), I did a double take when I saw this dress on the mannequin at one of my favorite thrift stores. Not only was the dress affordable ($7 after the original price of $14 was marked down 50% due to a sale they were having), but the dress also fit me! (I'm not sure I wouldn't have bought it and sold it even if it hadn't!) Needless to say, it didn't take much convincing at all to convince Justin that I needed it. He was just amused that I could pick out an Anthropologie brand at a store that wasn't Anthropologie.

Then we were off to get my hair cut. My hair had grown out from shoulder length to halfway down my back. Justin wanted me to grow my hair out. Unfortunately, when it gets a certain length down my back, I absolutely hate it. Any other girls relate? I decided that perhaps having my bangs back might make me feel better. In the process of cutting my bangs, the hair dresser cut a lot more off then I anticipated. On the positive side, I like how my hair is now framing my face, but I feel bad that I told Justin I would grow my hair out and now it's all cut. At least it won't feel so hot this summer.

Last night Justin took me to get my nails done. (Did I mention I have the best husband ever?) Not only did Justin take me, but when my barette started falling out of my hair, he actually attempted to fix it. (I couldn't touch it with my newly painted nails.) Poor guy. Not sure why he knows how to do everything but put clips in hair. You'd think hair clipping would be simple. ;)

Am I the only one that goes crazy before a wedding trying to get ready?

We, obviously, did more cleaning last night, but we still have more to do. Tonight I'm working late, so anyone want to make a bet on whether or not Justin will get anything done? I left him a list, so we'll see. . .

Until tomorrow. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...