Wedding Albums

First thought: Aahhh!!

Having interned for a photography company, I've known for quite a while what I do not want in an album. The ever-popular flush-mount album is the newest style. I may have loved the style before working on one, but I now know that I despise that particular style of album. In that style, the images are printed (sometimes in a collage format) onto the book pages. Cheaper versions of the album look like a children's book whether they are merely hardcover or hardcover with a dust jacket. Either way, in my opinion, they do not look that impressive. For what they are, they take a lot of work in Photoshop that I just am not willing to give. These albums seem to be overdone, and I am not the kind of person that like to be "normal".

Cypress Album


I am looking to do a matted album. When I started looking at my options for matted albums, I had no idea there were sooo many! There are a lot of options for flush-mounted albums, but matted albums seemed like they would be much simpler. I was wrong. Or maybe I just haven't found exactly what I want. The books I am looking at usually have a space for a picture in the very front, but you can get the album without. On top of that, you can choose between fabric and leather for the cover. One of the coolest things I think I've seen is where they the binding is done with ribbon; however, you can also get the binding done without ribbon. I have not seen the option yet, but I am looking for a book with gold or silver around the edges of the book pages (i.e. when the book is closed and you are looking at the page edges). I am also looking to have our names and the date engraved on the book.

I think it is absolutely crazy how, in book searching, I have found so many options! It has taken soo much time to explore my options that I haven't even begun to think about the layout of the images or what kind of matting I will need. I also have to pick out the pictures based on the number of pages I have available to me in each book as well as the sizes of the pictures for each of the pages in the book! This may turn into a long drawn out process...

... which is why my first and main thought has been: aahh!!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...