10 Summer Vacation Must-Haves

Justin and I are going on vacation soon, and I thought it would be fun to list a few things I feel are vital to our vacation-going experience.

1. A dress. My pick -- Anthropologie's Sunshades Dress


A cute dress that is summery and comfortable is perfect for going out to dinner.

2. Cute shoes. I like DSW's B.O.C. Adie shoes in blue.


I fell in love with these shoes in February, but I held off buying them. Now they are on sale and impossible to find! I managed to snag a pair on clearance for 30% off with a $10 coupon. After searching sooo many stores I was soooo excited to find exactly the shoes I wanted for a much better price than the original price. (Plus, they are super comfortable!)

3. Awesome sunscreen. Try Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray for sunblock you can apply even after you are wet!


Some of the kids I babysit for were using it. This vacation will be the first vacation in which I try it!

4. Iphone or Smart Phone.


This really almost feels like a must-have even when you aren't going on vacation. They are great for entertaining children on long rides and saving money with coupon apps. My top coupon apps are Coupon Sherpa, ScoutMob, RetailMeNot, Pocketly, and Entertainment. There are also games that teach children languages, colors, and more! I also love taking pictures with my cell phone camera using Pro HDR.

5. Snacks and drinks for the trip. Aquafina is my favorite drink to take with me.



One of the best things about vacations is trying new and fun food. Obviously we have done research about the restaurants in the area where we are visiting, but it's fun to have treats for the road trip (specifically if you are driving like we are). We also are taking along some water bottles, veggies, and fruit. How fun!

6. Cash.

Honestly you never know when you may need it. Some shops and restaurants don't take cards. Plus you also need to consider whether or not you will be driving over toll roads or paying for parking.

7. Pillows.

I have a real issue with using hotel pillows. I HAVE TO HAVE my pillow. So I bring it. And I get the sleep I expect.

8. Hairspray -- This time I'm trying the Big Sexy Hair: Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray.



I've never used their hairspray before, but it was given good reviews on Good Housekeeping, so I thought I would give it a try. My hair is very hard to manage in humid conditions and most hairsprays I have tried in the past haven't worked. I'm going to try this and hope. If it doesn't work, I have backup ponytail holders for some cute braids and ponytails.

9. A good book. I'm taking The Lamplighter and Portrait of a Lady, one book I've read and one I haven't. Justin is taking The Hobbit.

10. A Friend! How can you possibly go to the beach without a friend or family member?

Hopefully my list has provided some awesome suggestions for your next summer vacation. What do you think is a must-have for vacation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...