National Marriage Week Questionnaire


For the month of February, I will be going through the #LoveBlog prompts and taking a "break" from my normal blogging schedule. As much as I love blogging about travel, food, money, shopping, and all of the things that make life "life", I think that February is a good time to take a break and focus on what really matters in this world – relationships and love. Don't worry though. I'll try not to get too sappy and emotional! :)

Today's blog topic is "national marriage week". Honestly, I didn't even know that was a thing.

One of the best ways I can think of to fill this blog post without writing a book is to answer a survey. I'll try to keep the answers short, simple, and to the point. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two about us?

On To the Survey…

What are your middle names?
Michael and Marie

How long have you been together?
We started dating 11 years ago and got married almost 4 years ago.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
8 years? We had the same 4th and 5th grade teachers. But we were only friends for about a year before we started dating.

Who asked who out?
Depends. Justin asked me to prom, and I said no. Then, right before we went away to college, I told him we were dating. Does that count as asking?

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine. – Right now my brother lives closer. That won't always be the case.

What about pets?
We currently live with SoCo (a German shepard) and Smokey (a cat). Neither of which are our pets. (Don't ask.)

Who does the cooking?
My husband. I once tried to cook spaghetti for him, but he took over. He said "you're doing it all wrong!" Now I occasionally help, but I refuse to outright cook a meal for him.

Who is more social?
Him. He's good at small talk; I am not.

Who is the neat freak?
Between the two of us? Me. But I hate cleaning, so there's that. If my space could be clean without my doing it, I would be very, very happy. (Then again, wouldn't we all?)

Who is the most stubborn?
Me? But that's debatable. We usually try to determine who cares more about a particular topic and go from there.

Who hogs the bed?
Me, definitely. Those memes where the guy gets like a quarter of the closet and/or a quarter of the bed are totally true in our household! I grew up with a queen bed all to myself, so I don't know how not to sleep in the middle! :)

Who wakes up earlier?
Justin. He is a morning person and I am not. Mornings are the absolute worst.

Where was your first date?
We already talked about that. :)

Who has the bigger family?
My extended family is way bigger than my husband's.

Do you get flowers often?
Not unless I buy them. :) Occasionally he'll bring me roses for my birthday or something, but the surprise is somewhat lost on me since I check the bank accounts way too often!

How long did it take to get serious?
It took 6 months from the time Justin asked me to prom for me to agree to date him. It took 6 years for Justin to ask me to marry him. (Is 6 our number? Do couples have numbers? Y'know … like songs?)

Who eats more?
Justin. In variety and amount.

Who sings better?
Ummm…

Who does the laundry?
It depends. It turns out I actually have a loving husband who will occasionally take on the task for me. He cares a lot more about making sure whites are washed with just whites, certain fabrics with certain fabrics, etc. Aside from wanting the clothes clean, I'm all about efficiency: "let's just throw everything in together and see what happens!" Yeah, never get me to do your laundry. ;)

Who’s better with the computer?
Justin, by far. He is a computer engineer; I'm just a lowly computer user.

Who drives when you are together?
Justin. I don't want him judging my driving skills; it's much better to judge his. "You missed the turn!" "You shouldn't slam on the brakes like that!" "Ahhh!"

Who picks where you go to dinner?
Mostly me. Sometimes I give Justin a few options – like Mexican, Italian, or American. He will eat almost anything; I'm the picky one.

Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
I'm not sure we run into that problem too often. If it's obvious someone is wrong, they admit to it. We don't really talk about anything anyone can be right or wrong about though.

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
This is another situation where it probably depends on who you ask. I think overall, I am more opinionated, so Justin probably bends to my will slightly more than I do to his. It's cool though, when he wants to have an opinion, he makes it known.

Who eats more sweets?
me. Chocolate, candy, ice cream… I can turn down savory foods, but I have a much harder time controlling my sweet tooth.

Did you go to the same school?
Yes, we went to the same schools – elementary, middle, and high.

Who is the most sensitive?
It depends. Sometimes Justin gets angry for no reason, or at least it seems to me like no reason. He's sick, he's tired, he's hungry, etc… I'm not good at reading people, so all I know is that he has just yelled at me for no reason at all. And then for that same reason, that I can't read people's emotions, I consider myself extremely sensitive. I get upset thinking the problem is me when the problem is really outside of my control. So who is the most sensitive? It really comes down to your viewpoint and how you see the situation.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Lots of Mexican, pizza, and Five Guys.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
As in alone? Probably some city (town?) in Germany.

Who has the craziest exes?
I don't have any exes.

Who has the worst temper?
Justin will show his temper more. I just become quiet and quit talking. I can never think of what to say when I'm angry.

So tell me about you and your significant other. Are you married? Just dating? Are you celebrating Valentine's Day this year with friends and family instead? What do you think about the existence of "National Marriage Week"? Is a week really necessary for celebrating marriages?

Feel free to snag this survey from me (which I stole from here) and post on your own blog! I'd love the chance to get to know some of my readers better!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute survey! I am a morning person like your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun questions! My husband builds computers for fun, so he's definitely more of a computer person than I am.

    I'm the one who came up with the prompts, and in retrospect, I wish I'd just put "marriage" for today instead of National Marriage Week. Maybe I'm just a digital snob, but I was on their website yesterday to TRY to talk about the actual week, and half the links I tried were broken. Really?! So I just blogged about marriage instead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...