IWSG Again!

Prague Castle – January 2016

Woot! It's the first Wednesday of the month and thus time for another installment of IWSG! Having been miserably sick Monday and Tuesday, I must admit I'm glad that I actually feel up to the task today. Unfortunately, the weather doesn't look so nice out. They are calling for rain and severe thunderstorms. :( I guess I missed out on the nice weather from the beginning of the week. Doesn't that figure?

Anyway…

At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes, share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

January Successes:

• Traveling to Europe.
     * Being more culturally aware. (Or at least semi-trying.)
     * Eating 15,000 types of sausage in Germany. (I'll be happy if I never see sausage again.)
     * Learning how the train system works. (Completely confused me before.)
     * Getting free nights with hotel points. #win!
     * Spending $3,000 less than we did on our 2014 European excursion! :)
     * Pretending to be social. (I'm an introvert.)
     * Not losing my job. (I'm a service-worker.)
• 3 books read despite the time spent traveling abroad! (1,000 pages completed already for 2016!)
• We didn't spend more $$ than we made!
This picture. #love

February Goals –

Of course I have generic goals (take more pictures, write more succinctly, drink more water), but the following are specific things I'd like to do in February:

• Go to (or at least get tickets for) a cultural event. Beauty and the Beast (broadway production), Cirque du Soleil, or The Sound of Music (also broadway) come to mind. (I love seeing theatre productions, but we never make time or put together the money to go.)
• Come up with a blog plan. (Blogging is so much easier with one!)
• Try a new method of photo editing.
• Find a German book I can read with Kindle. (It offers a dictionary to make reading in a second language just the tiniest bit easier!)
• Finish 2 more books this month.

So, that's where I'm at. Super happy with how 2016 has started and hoping that I can continue experiencing successes (and pushing myself) throughout the rest of the year.

In terms of writing…
I've definitely been building vocabulary (in 3 languages!) but not necessarily incorporating anything I've learned in a written way. Maybe this month I'll get around to that as well?

IWSG'ers (and anyone who reads my blog!) what have you been up to during the month of January? Were you successful at life? Did you succeed at your goals? What will you be striving for this month?



2 comments:

  1. That is a long list of goals you achieved! Where in Germany have you been, if I may be so bold? I live next door, so I've been there often (only not to Berlin. Should definitely go to Berlin at some point).

    For me, January was off to a rocky start, until I finally got proper meds. Hello, increased productivity! So my plans for February are straightforward: make the most of that increased productivity and submit short stories to at least two contests. Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your January went well :) I did not do as well with my goals as I hoped last month, but I do feel slightly more motivated so far this month.

    Writing in a different language would be fun to try, but I wouldn't get much more than two sentences of Spanish. I love that picture of Prague Castle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...