A Few Of My Favorite Things: Summer Edition


Adorama Pix has offered me a free 8x10 aluminized metal print. Since I have never ever ever had one printed like that, I'm actually pretty excited. I am constantly second guessing myself though. Which image would look the best? Which one do I like the best? So on and so forth...

I assume you may have already guessed after reading yesterday's post that there will be no instagram collage this month. :( Thirty + minutes to find images does not sound like my cup of tea.

Given that my first of two vacations starts today(!!), I decided to make a list of just a few of my favorite things to do during the summer.

1. Go star gazing. That's actually pretty fun in the winter as well, but it is definitely nicer to go star gazing when you aren't freezing!!

2. Read a good book on a rainy summer day. My choice? Catcher In the Rye. I haven't read that book in soooooo many years!

3. Go to the beach. Duh. Who am I kidding? Who doesn't like to go to the beach? Sand between your toes, ocean waves ... *sigh* :)

4. Drink Limeade/lemonade and/or eat popsicles. Since we have lime Outshine popsicles, I see the two things as one in the same. It only really works well if done outside with a three year old. Or your husband. Whichever.

5. Picnics and camp fires. With s'mores. By the lake, by the beach, in the park with ice cream. I also like sitting in gazebos at the park eating a breakfast picnic with the hubby while it rains. There just isn't anything better except maybe ...

6. Homemade ice cream. Peach flavored, because I grew up in Georgia.

7. Fireworks. What isn't there to celebrate? Memorial day, Labor day, 4th of July, about 1 zillion birthdays, and VACATION! Yeah, fireworks are a must.

8. Take pictures with black and white film. I think the last time I did that was 5 years ago. The images came out incredible! Plus, there is just something about using film: a joy you simply don't get with digital. You'll have to trust me on this one.

9. Go to a drive-in. My favorite in the Atlanta area is the Starlight Six.

10. Ummm ...

...

...

I'll have to get back to you on that one. :)

Hope you all are having a fantastic Friday!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...