ChicWish Review (Follow Up)

Back before Thanksgiving, I discovered ChicWish and ordered a few things. Now that the dress I ordered, the Got a Date Lace Dress in Mint, is finally in, I thought I would review my experience.

First off, I used free shipping right before Thanksgiving. When using free shipping, ChicWish will not monitor where the item is in the shipping process for you, so I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for my dress to come in. They said it would be at my house between 8-12 days but really it came in 13 days. As you can imagine, I was nervous that the package would not come in.

When I opened the Got a Date dress, it had been folded up, but luckily the wrinkles came out within 2 or 3 hours of being hung on a hanger. The lace on the dress has not all come unfolded though. There weren't any care instructions, so I am not really sure if I can iron the lace out or not?

The dress is cute and stretches, but because the lace around the waist does not go fully around the back, I would definitely recommend you make sure to order the dress in the correct size, whether small, medium, or large. If you receive a size too small, I can imagine that the lace around the waist would not fit around you if you ordered too small even if the dress actually stretched around you anyway.

The positive is that I received compliments all night about my dress the first night I wore it... from every woman I ran into. They all liked the color and the vintage style.

So my take on ChicWish is that while the items may be cheaper than others, more cheaply made as well as cheaper in price than stores like Anthropologie, items purchased are still gorgeous and likely to get lots of compliments anyway. However do not order using free shipping if you intend on having the item by a certain time. If I had needed the dress within 12 days, I wouldn't have had it.

Would I order from ChicWish again? Yes. When you read the little notification about them having "this many" in stock, they don't let you know that they frequently get more back in stock. :)

The Got a Date lace dress is gorgeous, and I definitely would recommend buying it on sale. It is a fun dress to wear whether dressed up or down in the summer or in the winter.

Have you bought from ChicWish before? Would you consider buying from them in the future?

9 comments:

  1. i'm so glad i've come across this! i've been thinking about buying the got a date lace dress in mint and the only thing scaring me off is the sizing! you say the back it's stretchy - my waist is about 1 1/2 inches above the small measurement.. do you think it'll stretch enough to fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the dress is stretchy, it isn't super "cheap" stretchy. It has it's limits. I didn't measure (because I couldn't find my tape measurer), but I think maybe ordering the correct size would probably be in your best interest unless you intend on losing that 1 1/2 inches. I think the dress would not only be more comfortable in the larger size, but it would fit better too. Obviously Chicwish has already gone to the trouble of giving you the sizes they think it would work best on, and I would hate for you to order it and have it not fit! Let me know what you do and if it works! :)

      Delete
    2. thank you for taking the time to reply back to me! :) i didn't see your response in time and have already ordered a small. i 1literally just took it out of the mail and it's so beautiful! it's tight but still fits very will. by how it fits i would have probably fit into either sizes. if i read your response sooner i would have went for the medium though! once again thank you for your response! have a good one :)

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad the smaller size fits! I love the Got A Date Lace dress! It's really a lot of fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  2. I want to get the mint one as well, idk whether im medium or small, some dresses I'm small, and some I'm medium. I dont know what to do ;x I think im leaning towards the medium since i could always get it tailored to fit me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is stretchy, so if you are usually a small, I would go with that. I don't think it could be tailored too easily and still look the same, so I would go with your gut. If it helps, I typically wear clothes that are xs/s/0/1/2, and I ordered the small. It's not too tight on me, and I imagine a size 3/4 could probably wear the small too. Hope everything works out! :)

      Delete
  3. where do they ship from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! Even their web page isn't very clear about it. :(

      Delete
    2. Hong Kong.

      Says so on the site albeit in fine print ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...