The Friday Five #12: Compliments & Feeling Good About Yourself


The Friday Five questions I'm answering today are all about compliments and feeling good about yourself. I don't always feel like the most confident person around, so I had a hard time answering these. I guess that is all the more reason to try…

1. What was the best compliment you ever received?

I've been told I'm pretty, that I have pretty hair, that I look younger than my age (Is that a compliment?), that I'm good with kids, that I take good photos…

Nothing stands out as "the best".

My preference is always to receive compliments for my skills or intelligence over how "beautiful" I am perceived to be.

2. What are your five best talents?

A. I'm good with kids. Not babies though.
B. I'm Type A when it comes to planning (travel, for events, etc…).
C. I know more about photoshop/lightroom than many people.
D. My husband will fight for me. It's not really a talent that I personally have, but it definitely makes life easier. If I have a goal, I know he will back me. If someone makes me feel badly about myself, I know that he will set me straight. It's like being big Mario. Or having multiple lives in a video game. If you make a mistake, you have that back up that makes it easier to continue the game. Not everyone has that, so I'm counting it as a "talent booster". 😉(It's hard to think about 5 things, in particular, that you are good at. Know what I mean?)
E. Googling. If I need an answer badly enough, I usually can find my answer on Google.

3. What do you wish most people knew about you, and why?

I'm very quiet until I get used to you. My husband says if I practice talking to people on the fly, making small conversation, etc, I'll get better at it. From what I can tell, he lies. I'm not good at thinking on my feet and I never will be.

And words. They fail me. More often than not. Is that an early sign of Alzheimer's?

Anyway, if I say the wrong thing to you, or don't say anything at all, it's me, not you. You are cool. I promise. 🙂❤️

4. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far, and why does it mean so much to you?

Finding someone in life who truly loves me and would go to the ends of the world and back for me if I asked him to. It's not really an accomplishment since it didn't take any effort from me to "obtain" him, but still it is one of the aspects of my life that makes me proudest.

5. If you could achieve anything in your life, what would it be?

Travel as often as possible, see the world, open up my mind to new experiences, and fight for equality and love.

Tell me some things about yourself that you are proud of. What are you good at? What do other people tend to compliment you on? What are your life goals and is your confidence (or lack of) influencing how well you are achieving them?


Join in and share your
answers for The Friday Five!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...