IWSG #7


– Figure out the RAID system, decide how much it will cost, and when we will purchase
✗ Is there a better way to organize my pictures?
Finish July travel planning.
✗ Work more on Egypt planning.
✗ Rotate truck's tires.

Additional Successes:
• Worked on September travel planning to NYC.
• Spent more time spring cleaning. Got rid of a lot. Organized.
• Checked another item off of my 101 in 1001 list! (It's slow going these days…)
• Took on additional duties at my job.
• Continued helping my mom by cleaning out another coat closet.
• Washed my car, rotated the tires, waxed it.
• Started organizing the spare bedroom and the garage.
• Opened a new email account. (My school email account is closing and it is one of my most used accounts.)
• Bought a wedding gift 3 months in advance! Woot!

July Goals
• Continue Egypt planning.
• Prepare for August Break.
• Take a much needed break from life by going on vacation.

IWSG Question: What are your ultimate writing goals, and how have they changed over time (if at all)?

The answer to this question is twofold: I would like to get paid for my writing, and I also would love for my writing to improve over time.

Writing a fiction used to be my goal, but I have since changed. Now, what I would really like to do, is either make money from writing about my travel accounts with my blog (which I have failed at doing recently), get noticed for putting together research (I love to research!), or put together a nonfiction accounting of my travel in a nonfiction book. I'm not sure I'm fast-paced enough to write for a magazine, and I don't think I have enough interest in writing anything fictional.

As for improving in writing? I've been too busy to think about it recently. I have several books with writing prompts that I was working through and you guys (gals) responded quite well when I used those writing prompts to create blog posts. But responding to writing prompts is fairly time consuming, so I've put it on the back-burner. I'm finding it's hard to balance everything I want to do + my writing. It's important for me to spend time with family, travel, and maintain my income, so writing often comes last, whether or not I want it to.

Your Turn

Do you ever find yourself putting goals on the back burner when life gets in the way? What goals take precedence in your life over others?


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...