IWSG #6



At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

plan for our July trip (currently looking at Miami and New Orleans)
– and for our trip to Egypt.
Mother's Day! And three birthdays. And a first communion.
– Change oil on both cars. Rotate tires on the truck.
Get the truck's transmission looked at. (wasn't necessary)
Recover files from the dead computer.

Additional Successes:
• Got rid of at least 30 books!
• And 8 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of shorts, 2 pairs of shoes, various tops, dresses, and other household items…
• Found old clothing I was able to re-add to my wardrobe! (Like going shopping but cheaper!)
• replaced the bathroom mats that were falling apart
• And got a new pillowcase (So soft!)
• Cancelled Delta Amex.
• Installed keyboard protector on my laptop.
• Bought a book to help with Egypt travel planning.
• Went to an after work happy hour with my husband (i.e. was social)
• Organized all of my art supplies and photography equipment. 
• Helped my mom organize her laundry room, clear out her spare bedroom, hang her mops/brooms up so they are more organized, clean out a coat closet, reorganize her kitchen, and take some furniture to Goodwill.

June Goals:
• Figure out the RAID system, decide how much it will cost, and when we will purchase
• Is there a better way to organize my pictures?
• Finish July travel planning.
• Work more on Egypt planning.
• Rotate truck's tires.

IWSG Question: What's harder for you to come up with, book titles or character names?

Book names. I don't really do fictional writing that involves characters, but even if I did, I think the real problem would always come down to titling a piece. This is a struggle with blog posts, emails, etc, etc… How do you come up with a three or four word title that completely sums up a piece? And, ideally, provides keywords for clicks as well

Of course, big props to fiction authors who have to name characters though. I can't imagine trying to pick out the most fitting name for a character, especially if it implies something about the character's personality or provides foreshadowing for what will happen to the character later in the book!

Your Turn

Do you struggle to come up with titles for writing you produce? Have you ever read a piece where the article seemingly didn't match the title of it? What are the most thoughtful titles or character names you've ever read?


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...