2017 (Image) Recap

For my last Wordless Wednesday post of the year, I've decided to share my favorite images I've edited from each month this year. Some months I spent more time in front of photoshop and some months I've spent less, but I do think that attempting to edit at least one image a week has definitely helped me to improve upon my photo-editing game. It's also given me the opportunity to look back and reflect on past travel and re-edit (or edit for the first time) old images that may have gotten lost in the past.

Usually, during my image recap, I also review what all I've done during the year. Needless to say, it's been busy. We traveled nine months out of the year and I got a new job. And now, I find myself moving from day to day sluggishly exhausted. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but naaaahh. Maybe in 2018?

Anyway, on to the recap:

January

Monet's House in Giverny, France (July 2016)

We began the year celebrating in Montreal. Fireworks, dinner out, the works. It was absolutely magical being able to celebrate in a different country.

Later that month, we found ourselves at the Women's March. Seeing so many people (not just women) in DC standing up for a cause they all believed in was astounding!

February

view from our hotel room at Hyatt Regency Maui on Ka`anapali Beach in Hawai'i (February 2017)

Then, we moved on to Hawai'i planning and traveling. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I wasn't certain I would like Hawai'i and I ended up absolutely loving it! While we were there, we renewed our wedding vows after five years of being married. What a magical place to spend our five year anniversary (even if the actual anniversary wasn't until March)!

March

Cinque Terre (May 2014)
Throughout March, I focused on recovering from Hawai'i, worked more intently on my blog and focused on prep for April A-Z. My theme: travels to Quebec and Montreal at Christmas. I played with a few different post styles during the month and found this to be one of my favorite post styles.

April

Québec City, Canada (December 2016)

By April, I was absolutely exhausted from my April A-Z prep. But there was still more to do. We had plans to visit Boston to see family and explore the city. Then we were back in DC for the Science March. It was thrilling getting to see Bill Nye the science guy after having grown up watching his tv show in school.

May

Talmadge Memorial Bridge in Savannah, GA (September 2016)

May was my last full month at my old job. There was a lot of focus on saving money, researching for my blog, and trying to get myself in order to look for another job. We spent Memorial Day weekend in DC simply exploring and taking in the city for what it was, without attending a march. One of our favorite things we did was to explore the Newseum. If you go, plan to spend a minimum of half a day, and perhaps don't take young children unless you want to spend a lot of time explaining. It's a pretty intense museum, but the exhibits, for people who have an interest in history, will truly enjoy it.

June

South Carolina (August 2015)

During June, the husband and I babysat for a full week (Friday to Sunday) while the parents explored the Carribean. I was so stressed that week I got sick. Then a tree limb fell on my car costing us more than $600 in getting a dent repaired (which the family was more than willing to help us out with! Thank goodness!).

July

Bill Baggs State Park in Miami, FL (July 2017)

Regardless of what else was going on (job, no job, stress, what-have-you), I was determined to continue forward with my 1001 in 101 list, so off we went to the Florida Keys and Miami! I loved eating Cuban food and seeing the gorgeous Vizcaya Castle, but I was shocked that the ocean wasn't quite as beautiful there as I had been led to expect. I'm very grateful for having gotten to go, though.

August

Mallory Square in Key West, Florida (July 2017)

I began my new job in August. My first break? A trip to Beaufort, South Carolina to see the eclipse with stops just before in Savannah and Charleston. Seeing the eclipse was more amazing than I could have ever expected! I was so glad my husband talked me into going!

September

Honolulu, HI (February 2017)

For Labor Day, we took a trip around the Florida Panhandle visiting Mobile, Alabama, stopping at various beaches along the way as we traveled to Florida ending up in Clearwater Beach. It was absolutely beautiful seeing the gorgeous turquoise water and discovering the gulf coast in a way that I only ever dismissed before.

October

Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina (October 2015)

What a difference it was doing a road trip in October after our road trip in September. Cool mountain air and a hint of fall in the air. We hiked a hill in Connecticut, ate delicious Boston cream cake in Boston, went to a jazz show in New York City, and woke up to a foggy mountainside in Little Switzerland, North Carolina.

November

Boston, MA (April 2016)

As you may be aware, my husband and I did the opposite of lay low after traveling every month since May. We hopped aboard a Delta flight to spend just less than a week in New York City, came home for three days, then headed back out to New Orleans. It was a busy, crazy, fun month.

December

Porto Venere (May 2014)

All of this leads us here, to December. And honestly, this month has been such a blur that I can hardly remember much of it! Buying gifts, prepping for the holidays, and trying to get enough sleep to avoid getting sick has definitely kept us busy.

How was your 2017? Did you accomplish all you hoped to? Are you ready for 2018? What are some of your most memorable moments from this year?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...