IWSG #8

It feels like this outside, and I'm ready for it!

At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes (not just in writing), share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, answer the IWSG question of the month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

August Goals
Return dress to Von Maur.
Pay for program so that I can recover Hawai'i pictures.
Finish planning for Labor Day trip.
RELAX. (Don't stress.)

Additional Successes –
✓ Twitter and Facebook follower counts went up!

✓ Got caught up on comments! (That was a struggle.)
✓ Didn't go over cell phone data limits! (Also a major struggle!)
✓ Made it through my first month at my new job.
✓ Sold washer and dryer for additional money. (We've been meaning to for a while.)

September Goals –
• Plan travel for October, November, and December.

• Talk to dent guy about getting my car fixed.
• Get back into blogging.
• Contact Chase about a double charge.

IWSG Question: Have you ever surprised yourself with your writing? For example, by trying a new genre you didn't think you'd be comfortable in??

I have definitely surprised myself with my writing but not because I was trying a different genre. Rather, the big surprise was being able to conform my interests to the topic of my paper for a class in college. It was kind of a lightbulb moment for me. I was struggling and struggling and struggling until I realized how to work with my topic. Honestly, I don't remember what the topic was, but from that point forward writing for school (or writing in general) simply became that much easier. I was not longer restricted by my topics; I felt more free when writing.

Your Turn

I'm a little late responding to the IWSG post of the week, but I look forward to seeing how other IWSG'ers have responded to this question. Have you ever surprised yourself in accomplishing anything? … whether that's writing, art, a really hard or complicated math problem, a new solution to a problem, etc? How did you discover your new way of doing whatever it is? Were you inspire by someone or did you find the solution on your own? Do you have any recommendations for others who are struggling with something in their life? (i.e. Think outside the box … but how?)


Click here to learn more and
link up with IWSG!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...