Iconic Movies in My Life

Photo courtesy of Carbon Arc via PhotoPin / Creative Commons.

Whether or not I want to admit it, movies have played a big role in my life. It's not like I went to see movies every weekend as a child, but, even still, I have seen a lot of movies over the course of my life. Some have been pure entertainment while others have helped me to form opinions or create dreams. Movies, whether I like it or not, have influenced who I am and what I want out of life.

The questions below were originally shared on Babi a Fi's blog when she answered them. I enjoyed reading her answers and learning more about her; hopefully you will enjoy reading my answers and learning more about me. :) Or maybe, just possibly, you'll discover a movie you've never heard of before that you can add your must-see list.

Well, that's my hope anyway. :)

Enjoy!

And, please, copy the questions and share on your blog too! Or respond in the comments. I can never learn too much about my fellow bloggers and blog readers! I'd love to know if we share any commonalities … or be introduced to new movies, if there are any differences. :)

01. What Is The Last Film You Saw?
in theaters: Captain America: Civil War. It was ok.


while babysitting: Hotel Transylvania 2. (Actually pretty funny.)

02. A Film That Always Makes You Happy?
as in always, always? :-/

It'd have to be a funny one… And not stupid…

I can't think of one that always, always makes me happy.

03. A Film That Makes You Sad?


Pay It Forward. Kid makes a difference in the world, a real difference, then… #nospoilers :)

04. A Film You've Seen Countless Times?


Anything I've ever liked or with good music. Sometimes I "watch" a movie while doing something else just for the music – Dirty Dancing, Center Stage, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Martian

05. A Film That You Love But Everyone Else Hates?


Here On Earth. Chris Klein, Leelee Sobieski, Josh Hartnett.

Moody, dark, emotional.

Yeah, I know you don't like it. (Or have never seen it.)

06. A Film You Wish You Saw In The Cinema?


Umm… I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, so I think I'm good. :) That was a fun experience. Maybe Casablanca? Or… The Breakfast Club?

Definitely The Breakfast Club. :)

07. Your Favourite Film?


No favorites. They seriously change every week.

I've kind of been loving all things Marvel recently. Ant-Man, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy. I like movies that are funny, but with a bit of action.

08. The Worst Film You've Ever Seen?


Probably Hardcore Henry.

Don't go see it. Ever. #GotPaidToSeeIt #NotWorthIt

09. Your Favourite CGI Film?
Wall-E, Despicable Me, and Ratatouille.

Wall-E, because it was so dang sweet. Justin and I made a date night after he graduated college. We went out to eat and had steak then saw Wall-E at one of the nicest theaters in Atlanta. The movie was so adorable and we had so much fun! It's hard not to include it in my list.

Despicable Me was the movie I didn't want to see until I did. Who doesn't love watching adorable little girls ordering around a mean guy?


And Ratatouille… The music is awesome! The concept was fantastic! And it takes place in Paris, of all places. <3. Pixar helped me to fall in love with a rat! What else can I say? :)

10. Your Favourite Animated Film?
My favorite as a kid was Beauty and the Beast.


Ice Age was really fun though…

11. A Character You Can Relate To The Most?
Jo from Little Women (1994)

"Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world. I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation."

Other ways I'm like her (or would aspire to be like her):


• Avoiding people at parties.

• Always thrilled about the prospect of a European vacation! :)


• Strong enough to say no to Batman!


• Defensive about my writing, but also desperate to do better.

12. A Film You'll Never Watch Again?


The Land Before Time II, III, IV, so on and so forth… Why all of the sequels? :-/

Although I can't say I'll see the original Land Before Time again either.

13. The First Film You Saw At The Cinema?
I have no idea…

14. Favourite Opening Sequence?
Ice Age. Definitely.


I couldn't find the opening scene for Ice Age on Youtube though, so here's the Deadpool opening credits. They are awesome too. :)

15. A Film That Takes You Back To High School?
Center Stage. High schoolers having fun, being flirty, living it up, dancing. What's not to love?


Oh – and Mean Girls. It came out after I was out of high school, but it sooo fits.

16. Favourite Love Story In A Film?


The Notebook. :)

Ryan Gosling is so dark and broody, and Rachel McAdams is cute and fun! Plus, the setting is so beautiful. I <3 South Carolina. :)

17. A Film You Can And Do Quote From?
Finding Nemo

"Just keep swimming; just keep swimming…"

"Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"

"I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine! And he shall be my squishy!"

Frozen

"Do you want to build a snowman?"

"The sky's awake, so I am awake! I have to play!"

"Let it go!"

"Winter is a good time to stay in and cuddle, but
put me in summer and I'll be a … happy snowman!"

18. Your Favourite Book To Film Adaptation?


Breakfast at Tiffany's. I didn't like the book by Truman Capote.

19. A Film That Changed Your Opinion of Something?


The Devil Wears Prada – the idea that I could do anything I wanted with my life. That one's life is full of choices and you can handle those choices however you choose to.

"You want this life? The decision is yours."

20. Favourite Foreign Language Film?
I can't say I've seen one…

21. A Film You Would Recommend To Everyone?


Guardians of the Galaxy. It was just a fun movie. + Great music! :)

The Martian is also surprisingly optimistic, but probably geared more toward adults.

22. A Film You Used To Love But Now Hate?


According to my parents, ET. I had the weirdest ET doll. Frankly I don't even remember liking the movie enough to have a doll.

They also said I loved The Wizard of Oz. I don't remember that either.

23. Favourite Film Sequel?


Ice Age 2? Surprisingly good. :)

24. Favourite Film Villain?


Gru from Despicable Me. He makes me laugh. :)

25. Most Underrated Film?
Once. That was a great movie!


Or maybe Juno. :) Every day when I go to work I drive by two loveseats outside of a house and it always reminds me of this movie!

26. The Film That Scared You Most?


The Lion King. (As a kid, that is.) *spoiler alert* I'd always fast forward through the scene where Mufasa gets trampled. :(

I also didn't like the scene where Ursula rises from the ocean at the end of the The Little Mermaid. :(

Or when Bambi's mom is killed.

27. An Actor Whose Casting Would Make You More Inclined To See A Film?
Chris Pratt. I haven't seen anything he's done badly at yet. Also Meryl Streep and George Clooney.

28. Favourite Movie From Your Childhood?


Kindergarten Cop. :) A tall Austrian saves the day!

Lassie (1994)

29. Most Ridiculous Film You Have Ever Seen?


The Gremlins. I hate that movie!

30. Your Favourite Film Franchise?
Marvel movies. Superheroes ftw! :)

* This post was shared in response to #30lists (day 29). I can't believe this month is almost over! (But there's still time to join in… 😀)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...