Foods, Frocks, & Fancies For the 4th

Dear friends,

I simply could not decide whether to post about food for the holiday weekend or clothes, so I decided to post about BOTH! While I won't actually be home to take advantage of any of the gorgeous holiday-themed foods I spent so much time researching, I thought they were too fun not to share… and Anthropologie is at it again! Marking things down for sale seems to be about the only thing they are doing the summer, not that I'm complaining or anything… :)

First off: the food! As hard as I looked I simply could not locate any red, white, and blue healthy foods. I guess the only thing left to do is eat sweets…! Traumatic, I know! :)


Fourth of July Cake from Jack & Kate 
• Red, White, & Blue Chex Mix from Gimme Some Oven 
• Red, White, & Blue Layered Drinks from Brown Eyed Baker
Star Spangled Berry Tart from The Baker Chick
 • Fruity Firework Pancakes from Taste & Tell 
Pavlova from Add A Pinch

Thankfully, Anthropologie understands our pain. Knowing that we might have to suffer through sweets, treats, and good eats during what is likely to be a long holiday weekend for Americans, they decided to add even more to their tag sale AND continue offering 20% off with code SALEAWAY. Miserable, right?! ;)



So what will you be doing over the holiday weekend? Taking advantage of the frocks and fancies sale … or eating all of the holiday spirit? Share in the comments! I'd love to hear! :)


2 comments:

  1. Great ideas. I love the Red, White, & Blue Layered Drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My main issue with any dish that requires "decorating" is that I eat most of the decorations during the preparation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...