My Kitchen Essentials

Photo via VisualHunt.com

I love when monthly themed prompts line up with the correct day of the week – like when "kitchen essentials" (#30lists day #22) is the prompt for Friday "food" day.

My essentials, in order, from least important to most:

10. Cheese Grater 

Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese is amazing. Seriously. No italian meal is complete without it.

9. Baking Pans 

How else will we make cookies?

8. Cast Iron pans. 

They make the world go 'round.  

Or at least … they are round … sometimes. ;) 

7. Cutting Board & Sharp Knives 

I have learned my lesson. Long gone are the days of cutting things on paper plates and using dull knives. My husband has ingrained this one into me…

6. Pots 

How else will I cook rice and noodles? (Don't say "rice cooker".)

5. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer 

I love our Kitchenaid branded mixer and I could never go back to the old whatever-the-cheap-brand-was-that-we-had,

4. Oven 

Cake. 'nough said! :)

3. Stove 

For arguments sake, the kitchen doesn't automatically come with this either. Where else am I going to use my pots?

2. Fridge 

I learned the hard way through friends that life without a fridge is a sad day indeed. How else will you keep all of your dairy products cold? … And do you have to purchase meat on an "as needed" basis?

1. MY HUSBAND! 

Seriously, he makes the best food! He is creative and daring … even willing! I receive a cookbook to test and review, and he works with me on it. In the past five years that we've been married, we've experimented with making fries Belgian style, creating our own rotisserie for making trdelnik, using dry ice and alcohol to modify the KitchenAid ice cream attachment for the KitchenAid mixer, and spent three days making croissants when we returned from France and I was craving them. He's not afraid to try anything in the kitchen, and I love that he takes my criticism and modifies his food so that it tastes better to me. I can't even begin to imagine cooking/baking without him in my life; I feel like my life would include far less tasty and delicious things. 

What are some of your kitchen essentials? Do we share any commonalities?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...