A Walk Through Savannah, GA

On July 4th 2015, Justin and I found ourselves in Savannah, Georgia helping my brother move from his college apartment (complete with four other male apartment-mates) to a new apartment in preparation for the birth of my nephew. His fiancé had just moved to Georgia from Florida and they were excited about beginning a new life together at the completion of both their graduations from college.

While my family was pretty content spending most of their time between apartments, Justin knows me pretty well… and suggested that one morning, between moving the two lovebirds, that we go for a walk in downtown Savannah before my parents awoke … and just see what there was to see. As it turns out, from my experience that is, Savannah is a big party town. While we were up early exploring, everyone else was in their hotel rooms sleeping off a beer or… fifteen. :)

We began our walk at the top of the downtown Hampton Inn. We rode the elevator to the top floor just to get a view of the city from the rooftop. We enjoyed seeing the church steeple from our vantage point as well as nearby hotels (the Westin across the river, Holiday Inn Express beside us), the Talmadge Memorial bridge, the Savannah River, Savannah City Hall (with the gold dome), and, of course, the pool. How can you go on vacation to the coast and not spend time at the pool?






Then it was on to the real walking.

At first we decided to walk along the riverside, only to discover that that eventually ends… at a parking lot. :( Boooooorrring. (Though look at those trees overhanging the walkway!)



Then it was on to the 24 squares in Savannah… We didn't visit all of them, because I hadn't done any research going into this walk. Here are the ones we did see though…










By this point, my parents called letting us know that we needed to meet them at the hotel for breakfast. It was time to get on the road and help my brother and his fiancée with more moving. :-/

If you ever plan to visit Savannah, I highly encourage going on an early morning walk before everybody else wakes up. There is little that is more invigorating. It's truly a great way to start the day! :)

Have you ever gone on an early morning walk just to explore before everyone else in the city/town has woken up? Do my pictures inspire you to do so in the future?

** Linking up to City Trippers Mummytravels.com and Wandermum.co.uk

***Linking up with Lauren on Location, Marcella from What a Wonderful World, and The Sunny Side of This

* I'm spending July writing my blog posts in response to all of the wacky (and not so wacky) national and international holidays that occur during this month. Today's images were chosen in response to National Aunt & Uncle Day! My nephew was born in Savannah, Georgia, so it just seemed fitting.
** This post was written in advance. I am out of town and working full time most of this month. I appreciate your understanding if I am slow to respond to comments and questions. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...