Begin Anew Each Day


"My dear, don't let the sun go down upon your anger. Forgive each other, help each other, and begin again tomorrow." - Marmee March (Little Women)

One of my favorite children's books, Little Women was always an inspiration to me. From the main character's exuberance and love of writing to the positive advice given to her and all of her sisters by their loving mother, Marmee, I could not imagine a better, more positive, uplifting story to have fallen in love with as a child. (Ok, maybe Nancy Drew, because what little girl doesn't want to run around exploring secret passageways, catching bad guys, and solving mysteries in stylish outfits?)

When I think of the story of Little Women, the quote above stands out to me as one of the best pieces of life advice I have ever encountered (aside from anything found within the Bible). It seemed entirely appropriate and fitting to share that quote along with the only "new" picture I have on hand – a beautiful sunset instagram from a drive one evening in Atlanta when writing my post with my given word of the day "new".

What's the best piece of life advice you were ever given? If you enjoyed reading as a child, were there any books that stood out and made you think differently about life or provided inspiration?

*I'm participating in 31 Days; are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...