Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String


Since yesterday was Christmas, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things about the holiday season.

1. Packages tied with REAL ribbon (not the fake plasticy stuff). Unfortunately, the box above used a WHOLE spool of ribbon. (At least it was pretty?! I must admit I am also in love with the candy cane wrapping paper! Always looks sooo amazing when you stick a candy cane on it!)

2. I couldn't decide on one favorite Christmas cd. I really like Point of Grace's cd "When Love Came Down", Michael W. Smith's "Christmastime", and Enya's "And Winter Came". I've only listened to Enya's album this year, so far, but I have been known to listen to these albums all year long. They are very calming. Don't get me wrong though -- I totally love more upbeat Christmas music as well! Give me Bing Crosby or Burl Ives any day!

3. One of my favorite seasonal movies is The Family Stone. LOVE that movie! Home Alone and Miracle on 34th Street always remind me of Christmas... even if I don't watch them every year. It's a tie between Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and A Charlie Brown Christmas as to which animated movie is my favorite.

4. As to my favorite Christmas foods? French chocolate truffles and blood oranges top my list! I can get everything else all year 'round. :) Also loving eggnog thinned out with skim milk topped with nutmeg. Mmmm... :)

5. I don't really have a favorite thing to do at Christmastime, but I am hoping in the future to go to New York one Christmas and ice skate at the Rockefeller Center and shop on Times Square. (I also want to get a really good hot chocolate and people-watch from a cafe. :) Until that becomes a reality, I will be quite happy to enjoy Christmas with both my own and Justin's families as we navigate between at a minimum of two houses on Christmas day.

What are your favorite things at Christmas time? Do you stay super busy or do you have a chance to relax?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...