Organization Ideas & An Update

Living with so few hiding places has encouraged Justin and I to find creative ways to store things he uses on a daily basis.


My grandparents gave Justin and I all of these lovely pots as a house-warming gift. Rather than stuffing them into a cupboard, Justin decided to hang them over our breakfast bar. I thought it was a great idea. It saves us some of our precious cupboard space which can be used for other things (food, appliances, etc...).


Another, humorously in my opinion, good idea for storing knives... We will never fear sticking our hands in drawers again. Plus, we don't have to worry about a knife block taking up space on our counter. Plus... it even holds a scraper! (And scissors. You don't want to know how many kitchen utensils we've placed on those magnetic racks!) 



Can you believe they make these?!? Originally it was magnetic spice holders that went on a magnetic rack similar to our knife rack. Well... they work just fine as magnets on the fridge! :) Only problem is that, while Justin can tell what it is by smelling it, I cannot. Label maker here we come!


Justin and I only have one extra closet other than our bedroom closet. We decided to make it 1/3 pantry. We went to Ikea and bought this cute little shelving unit. Things aren't very well organized in our pantry yet, but we are off to a start.


Justin and I also had to buy an extra bookcase to hold all of our books and "stuff". (What you see is only half of it.) Obviously we will be finding a different place for the printers, sewing machine, and tool boxes. I think the goal was to get things off the floor. Walking around is important. I will be scouring pinterest for ideas on how to decorate the bookshelf in such a way that we can put out normal things like batteries, light bulbs, etc...  on shelves so that they can be put up, easy to get to, and yet not look like we don't have a place to store them (even though we don't).

Wish us luck. We have many, many miles to go before we finish the task of moving in. (5 more boxes, cleaning Justin's apartment, and the majority of my stuff!)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...