Things That Make My Day

Looking at life through a rosé filled wine glass! (heh!)
courtesy of: Bony Nguyen via Visualhunt.com / CC BY-NC-ND
Don't you just love when things are going right in your life? You find yourself waking up from a good night's sleep skipping around singing Zip-a-dee-do-dah with the sun shining down on your face and the bird's chirping along. Heck! Even if you are typically tone-deaf, I bet on a good day you're tone is absolutely perfect! You feel great and you are ready to conquer all that your day has to offer!

Well … at least that's my attitude at the beginning of a great day!

Other things that only improve my day include:

1. Having great hair. And beautiful skin.

Maybe that's two things? Or maybe it's just one. I don't know!

I especially love having beautiful curls that don't quickly fall out. (My hair just senses humidity and down it goes!) And as for my skin? I don't need makeup, but some days my skin simply looks better than it does other days. Add a bit of mascara and let's go! :) Long lashes ftw!

2. Getting to wear a new outfit.

There's something magical about getting to pull the tags off for the first time!

3. The husband saying "Yes. We can travel there."

*shriek!* Specifically if it's to Europe. ✈️ Love booking those expensive plane tickets (preferably for cheap) and making dreams become realities.

Also. Disney World. Thanks Tribe Tyler for reminding me of that. (Seriously click the link and watch. It will take you back to childhood, if you've ever been to WDW. The magic never goes away.)

4. Getting to leave work early.

Obviously there is joy when the clock strikes 5 and the workday is over, but there's even more joy when the clock strike 4 and your boss says "You can go home if you want…"

Umm … yes. Yes, I think I will. :)

5. Minimally fun surprises. (Like flowers or chocolates, restaurant reservations, rainbows after a storm, getting more for my money unexpectedly.)

And if I am expecting it (the surprise to happen or whatever the surprise is), you can take this off the list.

I was expecting my husband to propose. There had been hints and odd behavior. That took the proposal from a *good* surprise to a futile attempt at my avoiding it all together.

"You want to go to this fancy restaurant on Christmas eve? … Ok. We'll take your sister with us." 😛

Yeah, I'm terrible. 😊

+ I was nervous.

Life decisions stress me out.

(Thank goodness I married someone who understands.)

6. Reading a great book.

If I can sigh happily at the end of the book, that's a great day right there. I'll be grinning ear-to-ear until the end of the day. Or something terrible happens. Whichever comes first.

7. Hearing unexpectedly from a friend.

Hugs, understanding, love.

Mail, phone calls, drop-bys, texts, emails.

Whatever it is, I'll take it! 💕

8. Having a clean home.

It's a little thing, but it makes a BIG difference.

I hate cleaning, but I love having an organized house. It means I can find what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it. 😊

9. Hearing my favorite song on the radio.

10. No traffic.

I know. Right?

And with that being said, I'm going to attempt to have a perfect day. Because every day should be wonderful. 💕😀

What makes your day? Is there anything in this post that you would also include on your list?

Linking up with Tamara Gerber of Confessions of a Part Time Working Mom for #TopTenThursday



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...