Cinco De Mayo Guacamole Recipe


For Cinco De Mayo, I thought I'd do a throwback to my Salsas and Moles review…

What? You didn't see it?

Click through. And buy. Because salsas and moles, duh!

Yum! :)

I haven't always liked guacamole. For a time, in middle school, I gave up on the treat entirely, after some kid vomited on Mexican day. No, I didn't see it, but I heard about it. It happened during someone else's class, and you know how rumors get spread around middle schools…

I also gave up peanut butter that year because it looked like the inside of the frog we dissected in science. I know – I must have been crazy to give up peanut butter. Actually, it wasn't peanut butter altogether, but really reese's peanut butter cups and anything with peanut butter in it (as in, peanut butter in it on purpose). Like peanut butter crackers were ok, but no I did not want to eat chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls. Like seriously. No.

I digress.

(source)

Guacamole is delicious.

This is the recipe you should use if you are going to make some in honor of Cinco De Mayo (or any other holiday or event, really). It's Justin rendition of what you can find in the Salsa and Moles book, and it is delicious! Far better than anything you could ever find in a Mexican restaurant.

Ingredients:
2 avocados, peeled and with the core removed
1 serrano pepper (or jalapeno) chopped fine with the seeds removed
1 lime juiced
1 roma tomato diced
1-2 tbs finely chopped onion
salt as needed

Directions:
Combine everything but the tomatoes. Mash until you have the correct consistency for you. Some like eating smooth guacamole while others like eating chunky guacamole. A blender or food processor can help, but is not necessarily needed. Finally, add the tomatoes. Pair with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

You can thank me later. :)

What is your favorite Mexican food? Are you a fan of guacamole or do you refuse to eat because of the color? ;) How will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo this year?

6 comments:

  1. HUGE fan of everything avocado!!
    We're going to have enchiladas or chilli and cornbread later.
    Happy Cinco de Mayo! 🇲🇽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is cornbread Mexican?

      Sounds like a yummy dinner! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm relatively new to guacamole as Mexican food took ages to get going over here. I can only buy the chunky kind which I don't like too much, so I might give this a go and see if home made smooth is better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely make the homemade stuff. Store bought guac is never good. While I would eat guac before, this recipe has made me crave the stuff! Yum! :)

      Delete
  3. I'll take your word about the guacamole. Never been a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Do you not like avocado? Or onions or tomatoes? Or maybe the texture? What is it that turns you off of guac? I dislike cilantro, onions, and peppers, so my husband tends to go light on those at home and we get "tableside guac" when we are at restaurants so that we can ask for those things to be put on the side instead of directly in the mixture.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...