IWSG + Wordless Wednesday

Osborne Dancing Lights @ Disney World – November, 2015

At the beginning of every month, as part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I take a look at my successes, share the ways I hope to improve in the next month, and provide inspiration (if I have any).

For this IWSG I am writing a little bit early. I have plans to be in Prague (Czech Republic) and Dresden (German) on the day this post is published (assuming all goes according to plans)! Either way, I still wanted to take a second and look back at my successes over the past month and find ways to improve. (It's like a mini New Year's resolution on a very small scale that occurs monthly instead of yearly!!)

December Successes
• Lots of social time. I'm not a social butterfly so this is good for me.
• So many books read! Until I was on a deadline of reading 800 pages in 4 weeks, I didn't know I could read that fast!
• Goal setting and pre-planning. I was able to plan 4 weeks out. WOW.

January Goals
Focus. If I write simply, my posts will get done faster and will be more useful to readers. But how do I communicate emotion by writing simply?
Breathe. Sometimes my perfectionism gets in the way and I get frustrated easily. I just need to relax, take in the moment, and breathe. Let it go. :) Until later that is…
• Drink more water, eat less sugar. I feel better when I do; I just need to actually do it.

With all of the holiday madness going on, did you find yourself successful at reaching your December goals? Is there anything in particular that you would change for January?



2 comments:

  1. "Focus. If I write simply, my posts will get done faster and will be more useful to readers. But how do I communicate emotion by writing simply?"

    That's the trick, isn't it? If you figure it out, let me know. :-)

    I accomplished nothing in December, but January is looking up.

    Hope Prague is treating you well!

    IWSG January

    ReplyDelete
  2. More water, less sugar. My goals exactly. So far, I haven't met them in a continuing way, but only in spurts of following it one day and not the next, etc. sigh. I guess we just keep pushing on. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...