Elderflower Lemonade


Just over a year ago, Justin and I missed our flight from France back to Atlanta and, in order to make the best of our last hours in Paris, I convinced Justin to take me to the Seine to purchase some of the gorgeous (Chinese knock off) paintings that we still have yet to frame or hang. (We're lazy, slow, and crazy busy if that combination makes any sense.) Anyway, to purchase those gorgeous treasures, we needed Euros. Strangely enough upon arrival to the CDG airport (before we knew we were missing our flight) we had somewhere between 2 and 5 Euros left. We were actually doing pretty good. But yeah, then we missed our flight and went shopping so we had extra Euros in our wallet. What should we do with those extra Euros? we wondered. More shopping! was my obvious conclusion!

So we then found ourselves in one of Paris's biggest department/grocery stores searching the aisles for delicious drinks, macarons, and, honestly, anything we found the least bit appealing. For example, I convinced Justin to purchase not one but two French cookbooks thinking that maybe we might be able to improve our French just by cooking. (The books had pictures for each of the steps which was the one thing Justin requested.)

Anyway, while we did find delicious macarons and exciting cookbooks, one of the things I've held most dear since returning are the exquisite lemonades. For example, one of my favorite lemonades from France is Elixia French Artisan Lemonade with gold specks in it! It's almost like bringing home a snow globe … minus the little buildings inside. Or what about Orbitz that space drink from the 90s? (Does that show my age?) Anyway, I love, love, love my gold speckled Elixia which I still haven't been able to bring myself to drink! (It's pretty!)

Having almost given up on being able to find my French favorites in local American stores, I first stumbled across this Elderflower lemonade (which I originally picked up in France because of the pretty label!) at a meat shop in Washington DC last fall. Quite frankly, it was my first time trying the drink since I seem to have an aversion from drinking anything I brought back from France… The taste was delicious and quite different from what I had originally expected. It has an almost sour taste that you would expect from a lemonade without sugar. But this sour taste isn't off-putting either, it's just different. I imagine it's not actually "sour" at all but rather the very distinct taste of Elderflower. It is very good, and once you get used to the taste, you can't help but go back for more.

For me, the question of where to obtain "more" has been overwhelming and stressful since I returned from DC. I felt I only had 2 options: either return to DC … or return to France. And no offense to DC, but France (supposing they could somehow reduce the $1000 flight fare and 7-hour flight time) would win every time. (And this includes my adamant distaste for the CDG airport!) No, I needed a quicker, easier way to get my hands on this delectable beverage … and Justin found it. Crazy enough, last weekend as Justin was searching our local Kroger for breakfast making supplies, he stumbled across bottles and bottles and bottles of the Belvoir Fruit Farms Elderflower Presse lemonade in both plain and rose flavors. You can't even begin to fathom my happiness. We proceeded to buy the entire stock and now I am set for a year without that $1000 fee or 7 hour flight time! So now what excuse do I have to return to Europe? Hmm…

Point being – try this amazing lemonade. It is delicious, technically made in the UK, and now available in stores near you (if you're lucky).

Check out their website to find out more and discover some awesome recipes that you can make using their drinks! Or visit Amazon to buy the drinks online!

Have you ever heard of or had any of Belvoir Fruit Farms drinks? What about visiting a location and bringing back random food/drink items but never opening them? Am I just weird? Share your stories and tell me what you think about Elderflower lemonade in the comments below! I'd love to hear! :)

* I DID NOT receive a free product or sample in exchange for my review, but I would happily accept one should Belvoir Fruit Farms want to send me one.  As usual, no matter what, all opinions are 100% my own. :)

3 comments:

  1. The funny part is if those are not gold specks and are instead rust from old equipment and their marketing guy came up with the "gold specks" gimmick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grr. No. Those are definitely gold specks. They have to be! Otherwise, I saved it all year for nothing! :-/ On a different note, if it is rust, do you think I could sue for false advertisement? ;) Or maybe I should just take your idea and market my own drink? :-P

      Delete
  2. This sounds great! I have never tried elderflower anything before, so this would be a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...