10 Songs for Independence Day

With July 4th coming up fast, I decided to put together a list of songs I expect to hear over the weekend – on the radio and during firework shows. Funny enough, as I was picking my favorites out, I discovered this list from last year that shows what each state's favorite July 4th song is. Only 2 of the songs on the list made the cut for my top 10.

1. John Mellencamp – "Little Pink Houses"


2. Bruce Springsteen – "Born in the USA" (Amazon)


3. Neil Diamond – "They're Coming to America"


4. John Mellencamp – "R.O.C.K in the USA"


5. Don McLean – "American Pie" (Amazon)


6. Martina McBride – "Independence Day" (Amazon)


7. Ray Charles – "America The Beautiful" (Amazon)


8. Jimi Hendrix – "Star Spangled Banner" (Amazon)


9. Whitney Houston – "Star Spangled Banner" (Amazon)


10. Celine Dion – "God Bless America" (Amazon)


What are some of your favorite Independence Day songs? Did any of them make my cut?

1 comment:

  1. There is also that song "Proud to be an American" but I forget who sings it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...