TBT – NYC

Central Park, July 2013

Over the weekend, in the middle of father's day lunch Justin's dad declares that "we need to get back up to NYC and Boston to see your great uncle and my sister…" Turns out he had been planning it all along. It would either be week a in August or week b. Not to be left out of the loop with a grand adventure being planned, Justin and I started looking up plane tickets. With only 2 months to plan, we knew ticket prices would be increasing from this point forward…

Well, as of 2 nights ago, our plane tickets were booked.

Then, yesterday, I began thinking about all of the exciting things we did the last time we were in NYC and questioned whether or not we would be able to find more things to do that would be just as exciting. Unfortunately, we have budgetary limitations since this trip was planned last minute and Justin's parents have even less money than Justin and I. So, cheap attractions it is!

Right now I only have one attraction on my list that doesn't really fit the bill, but I have a feeling everyone in the party (Justin, Justin's parents, & Justin's aunt and uncle – not the great uncle we will be visiting in Boston for a day) will be up for – the observatory at One World Trade Center! :) Check out this review from The Points Guy and be sure to watch the Youtube video of the ride up the elevator – I doubt you'll be disappointed! :) While the World Trade Centers have a pretty dark past and it definitely makes me anxious going up so high on such a well known building, it is an experience I would like to have.

We also have to take Justin to see Times Square. Maybe we can fit some shopping in too?

I'm also looking for other "off the beaten path" locations to visit in the city. Last time, we experienced the Rain Room and saw a Claes Oldenburg exhibit at the Museum for Modern Art. Then we explored the DUMBO area taking in the view from down under the Metropolitan Bridge overpass in the Brooklyn area. (And ate delicious pizza!) We also visited the World Trade Center Memorial; explored St. Paul's Chapel; took a walk through Central Park; shopped at the Apple Store, Saks Fifth Avenue, and the oldest Macy's in NYC (but didn't buy anything!); and shot photos leaning off of a balcony at the Trump Tower. (It made me soooo nervous!!)

How will we beat that?!? Is there anything else exciting to do in NYC? What have I missed that I simply must see?

I will definitely spend plenty of time researching in the next 2 months, but if I have any blog readers that have been to NYC or live there, I'd love it if you'd share your favorite spots!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...