Currently: Wednesday WindDown


For whatever reason I've been really tired this week. Last week my excuse was having just gotten back from a whirlwind vacation; what is this week's? :-/

Watching: nothing really.

With the kids this week I've been watching lots of Disney channel. Dog With A Blog, Liv & Maddie, Teen Titans Go!, Jessie… Then yesterday I watched Jurassic Park for the first time. Blech. Needless to say, it's not my favorite. I don't think I will be going to see Jurassic World when it comes out in theaters…

Over the weekend Justin and I went to see the newest Avengers movie. Would it make you laugh to know that I didn't know who the Avengers were? Yeah… When the movie started I whispered to Justin "Is that Robert Downey Jr. and is he playing IronMan in this movie too??!" Of course it was! Sometimes I am just sooo clueless! It was a good movie. Not necessarily what I would consider great, but I wasn't bored either…


Reading: Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M by Sam Wasson

I've been reading this same book for 3 months now. It's not that it's a bad book, it's just that I always find something else to do or another book I need to read with an actual "due date" (for reviewing purposes).  I'm looking forward to finishing this book though, because I would love to read Fatal Vision (similar story to that as told by Serial season 1), All the Light We Cannot See, At The Water's Edge (another book by Sara Gruen, author of Water for Elephants), Reading Like A Writer (a good book for people who are attempting to learn to write better – like me!), and Go Set A Watchmen (the new book by Harper Lee coming out in July). Of course, don't be surprised if I read something entirely different in the next few months. I'm known for changing my mind! :)

Here are the other books I've read this year (since I'm keeping track!):

January
• the After series by Anna Todd
• A Lion In Paris by Beatrice Alemagna
• I Sold My Soul to the Devil For Vinyls … Pitiful, I Know on Wattpad
• Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
• Refinery 29 by Piere Gelardi and Christene Barberich
• Frites by Anne de la Forest

February
• Summer Rain on Wattpad
• Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream at Home by Jeni Britton Bauer
• How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes
• Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

March
• No Capes on Wattpad
• The Bro Code on Wattpad
• He Wanted the Moon by Mimi Baird

April
• Cookie Love by Mindy Segal
Sweetapolita by Rosie Alyeah

May
Everything You Ever Wanted by Jillian Lauren (Click on the book title to check out my giveaway!)
Salsas & Moles by Deborah Schneider

Listening: to lots of Meghan Trainor.

M, the girl I babysit for, loves Meghan Trainor and especially the song "Title". While I think this song is a bit risqué for a third grader, since her mom lets her listen to it I do as well.  As for me, I'm pretty amused by the lyrics in "Dear Future Husband"…



Really, it's the little things like…


"You got that 9 to 5
But, baby, so do I
So don't be thinking I'll be home and baking apple pies
I never learned to cook
But I can write a hook
Sing along with me
Sing-sing along with me (hey)"

and

"After every fight
Just apologize
And maybe then I'll let you try and rock my body right
Even if I was wrong
[Grin] You know I'm never wrong
Why disagree?
Why, why disagree?"

Yes. Meghan Trainor definitely provides fun lyrics.

Making: food. All of it.

Seriously! Have you seen how many cook books I've been reviewing lately?!?

Feeling: tired. 

Stressed.

Busy.

As of last Wednesday, the weekend I was suppose to catch a break (May 8-10) was already filled to the brim with things to do. It started out fine, albeit stressful, until my friend, who is moving to Germany, cancelled her plans with me, which basically means we won't be seeing one another before she moves. Stress + that = Feelings. Aggravation, frustration, sadness, disappointment, irritation.

Then there was Mother's Day. And you know how mothers are: more feelings.

Don't even get me started on the work I had to complete over the weekend. And the late nights resulting from said work.

Can't I just have a break from all of the feels?

The good news: as of today I am mostly caught up. Who knows how long that will last though? I give it a day. :)

All of the travel! courtesy of PhotoPin.

Planning: a trip to Asheville and north Georgia.

Technically I'm also planning trips to Europe, Charleston, Disney World (Orlando), New Orleans, Washington state, and San Francisco, but everything is up in the air right now. The only dates I actually have set are for Asheville, north Georgia, and Disney World. With Justin's limited vacation schedule I need the biggest trip planned before I can think about the smaller trips. Maybe I'll have that soon. Or maybe not. Who knows?

On a far smaller scale, I'm also planning to visit Chevron to take advantage of the current Amex offer tonight to get gas ($5 off of $25 ends 5/15), 1-800-Flowers to buy chocolate ($5 off of $5 through paypal, not sure when it ends), and Sam's Club to purchase a gift card of some sort ($25 off of $50 through Amex, ends 9/30). Yay deals and free money! :)

Loving: my husband for his patience, my friends who have stuck around, and my family for always being there for me. Oh and did I mention my readers? Comments make me soo happy! Thanks again (and as always) to all who make my life special! I certainly don't say "thank you" and "you're the best" enough…

So what are you up to my lovelies? Are you doing anything exciting on this gorgeous day? What are your currentlys?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...