Recalling High School Movie Favorites

My senior year of high school was absolutely my favorite year in school ever. I had been challenged to break away from my old group of friends (who were more interested in canoodling than spending time with me) and meet some new people. And meet new people, I did! For once in my life, I felt semi-popular. People would literally show up at my front door, without calling first, just to hang out… no matter what time of day or night.

While I can't remember all that we did, I will never forget how we crammed onto my queen-sized bed and watched movies together. Sitting so close gave us a feeling of comfort and made us feel like we weren't alone in the world. We had one another's backs … literally and figuratively … or at least for that year.

Even though my group of friends disbanded shortly after we went off to college, there are still a number of movies that I look back on in fond memory.

1. Mean Girls


A sarcastic look at high school culture from director Tina Fey made this movie a win in my book.

2. Win A Date With Tad Hamilton


This movie wasn't that great. The part that was great? When Justin and the main male character (Topher Grace) say the exact same things at the exact same time… "Wonder whose getting together in this movie?"

3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off


Justin and I recently watched this with a group of kids. We had a lot of fun even though the kids knew what was coming the whole time.

4. The Breakfast Club


What happens when five students who have nothing in common get detention for a day? Nothing good. ;)

5. Breakfast at Tiffany's


This was a movie I had been meaning to watch for years… I finally got my chance in high school and it quickly rose to one of my favorites. :)

6. The Princess Bride


We watched a lot of 80s movies… but at least this one isn't your average everyday ho-hum fairytale. :)

7. Mission: Impossible 2


I didn't have the chance to watch the original, but I definitely enjoyed the second one!

8. Memento


This was an intense movie that really made you think…

9. The Matrix


I was pretty late in seeing this for the first time, but I really enjoyed it when I did finally see it. 

10. Finding Nemo


Last but not least, this movie was really fun to see in theatres. As one of Pixar's first as well as featuring the amazing Ellen DeGenres, of course it was going to be amazing! Best of all: Finding Dory, the sequel is set to come out this year! Hooray!

What were some of your favorite movies from high school? Do seeing movies from that time in your life bring back any special memories?


* Participate in the A-Z blogging challenge with me! You know you want to! :)


5 comments:

  1. I've at least watched 4 of the above mentioned... It's nice and can be watched more than once for sure..
    Nice choices..
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Breakfast Club is my favorite movie! I can't watch it enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TBC! It's one of those movies that never gets old! :)

      Delete
  3. One of my high school faves was 2001: Space Odyssey. It's still a pretty incredible film to watch. The Matrix series and Memento are my favorites of the ones you listed. I haven't seen Memento in many years so I'm probably due to watch that one again.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Space Odyssey! It's a real rarity for me to watch movies in the first place which I think is why the movies I do watch (or in the case of this post: did watch) stand out to me. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...