Mid-March Review of My 2015 Goals

Image from here (sourced from Photopin)

March has been very fast paced for me so far. We're already on day 13 and it barely feels like the month has just begun!

I never got the chance to review my goals in February, so the following is a mid-March update … mostly a reminder for me to stay on track and help me feel good about what (little) I've accomplished so far.

1. Read More

January
the After series by Anna Todd
A Lion In Paris by Beatrice Alemagna
I Sold My Soul to the Devil For Vinyls … Pitiful, I Know on Wattpad
• Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
• Refinery 29 by Piere Gelardi and Christene Barberich
Frites by Anne de la Forest

February
Summer Rain on Wattpad
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream at Home by Jeni Britton Bauer
How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepnes
Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

March
No Capes on Wattpad

In the process of reading…
The Bro Code on Wattpad
He Wanted the Moon by Mimi Baird
• Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson

Definitely keeping up, but struggling. I've found the combination of wattpad stories and easy reads to be making this goal that much easier. I always have my phone on me and I can read at night in bed with it. Plus, I get so distracted so easily that it's nice returning to books/stories that don't require much thought. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though…

2. Take More Pictures, Edit More

Let's just not.

The extent of my picture-taking has been on my phone. (Aside from the images I captured of goodies for Valentine's Day.)

We won't even begin to talk about how I missed this year's CreativeLive Photoshop Week.

Perhaps I should have been more specific with this goal? It just wears me down creatively to push myself and not achieve the results I want. *shrugs*

3. Pay off Debt.

You might already be following this goal when I share our struggles and successes the first Monday after Justin's payday every month, but in case you don't, we're working on it.

I didn't have it written down, but I did want to sell one item on ebay (or poshmark or somewhere) every month for the year. That happened in January but we haven't sold anything since. :(

Also, I thought I had more work and a new job in January, but since that time, not much has come of it. :( I gave up my dad's birthday weekend to get work done and I have yet to see a paycheck. This is incredibly disappointing.

The good news: I've been accepted into a lot of research studies recently that have paid upwards of $100 per study. I've gotten to try hair care products, toilet cleaner, candy, dish washing detergent, talk about alcohol and restaurants, etc, etc… It's been a lot of fun. Plus, it's almost like "free money" to help me pay down student loans. #WIN!

Now if only my lucky streak can continue…

3. Travel More.

Done.

Just completely stressed myself out attempting to book a place in Nashville for a wedding later this month. Argh.

And now we're trying to determine whether or not to spend 2 weeks in Europe or 3.  Use all of the vacation time or just some?

Unfortunately when I said I wanted to travel more, I didn't exactly mean use all of the vacation time at once in Europe. I actually wanted more little trips around the US. Oh well. Your best friend only ever gets married once.

4. Health

Does that include pigging out on girl scout cookies when your in-laws stress you out?

Justin and I did attempt to find a gym out near us until we realized there is exactly one. Unfortunately, the $30 price tag per person per month conflicts with paying off debt. In my mind, I'd have to work out at least 30 days in a month to make that price even somewhat worthwhile, and with all of the travel and craziness we've been dealing with, 30 days a month simply isn't going to happen.

Alternatively Justin and I could go for walks more often … or go biking … or I could do those stupid, dreaded at home workouts. :( My preference would be strength-training rather than cardio. I don't care how fast I am, but it would be nice to be stronger. Then again, who needs a gym when you have a five pound camera? Two and I'll be in business! Right, Justin? ;) (Especially if it's a canon 5d mkIII. #justsaying.)

With regards to food, we haven't been doing much better. My in-house chef is currently sick so we've been eating more freezer foods and restaurant meals. Organic and natural ftw, right? Plus, you don't even want to know about my stock of girl scout cookies and how fast I'm going through them.

I'm serious.

And as far as my mental health goes? I get crazier by the day… I'm sure you see that in my blog writing. ;)

How are your goals for 2015 coming along? Are you keeping up? Or have you given up? Do you have any in common with me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...