Throwback Tunes

After yesterday's blog post about love songs, I decided to take some time to think about my current favorite songs – the ones that seem to be getting me through the week. A lot of them are pretty old, but even so I absolutely love listening to them.

1. "Fall of '82" by The Shins


This song reminds me a lot of the Beatles. I haven't always been a fan of The Shins. I started liking their music shortly after "Simple Song" came out. This was my second favorite song by them. As much as Justin dislikes this song, I can't help but turn it up when it comes on. The sound is just so completely different from other artists and I love that.

2. Evanescence - "Bring Me to Life"


I remember listening to Amy Lee back in high school. I saved all of my extra gas change to buy her cd. (Yes, I am that old.) Recently she appeared on my Pandora list and I just couldn't get enough. I love her voice and the desperation in her music. Has she done anything recently? From what her website indicates her style has completely changed in the years since "Bring Me to Life" was released, most likely due to the birth of her first child. Time will tell if that's a good thing for her music career … or not.

Sidenote: Why do we always expect women's careers to go up in flames after the birth of a child? It's really depressing. :(

3. Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer"


Yeah. I've been listening to all of the "old school" stuff. I'll probably start listening to 2015 music in … 2018 or so? ;) Pandora has really been "throwing back" recently, but I've been loving it.

4. Cage the Elephant - "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"


Don't you love hearing about the privileged singing about the … not? But I do love that Cage the Elephant was bringing attention to the real people behind evil. Y'know … as in they are real people and not just some villains on a tv show or in a movie. I think that's a pleasant change from what we typically see in the media.

5. The Beatles - "In My Life"


*sigh* I loooooooovvvvveee this song. :)

6. The Black Keys - "Gold on The Ceiling"


Some things never change. In the past year my love of this song has remained. There are definitely days when I would consider putting it on repeat and playing it over and over again. (Thank goodness Pandora won't let me!) It's definitely a fun song … always.

7. LeAnn Rimes - "One Way Ticket"


My foundation is country music since I grew up in Georgia … more specifically "good country music" like Shania Twain, Martina McBride, and George Strait since I grew up in the 90s. I'm not much of a fan of the newer stuff. This was my favorite song by LeAnn Rimes way back when she had just gotten into music. (It isn't anymore…) Nevertheless, it still feels like an inspiring song and makes me want to travel the world. Can you believe how much this girl has changed since so long ago? She looks like an entirely new person!

8. Trisha Yearwood - "She's In Love With the Boy"


Yeah. Ollllllllllldddddddddd… That's why I'm posting this list on Thursday! But I do love the story in this song… Plus Trisha Yearwood was born in Georgia AND she went to the same school as me, so I have to like her right? (Note that I know nothing about anything she's done recently.) This song is soooo Southern. I just love hearing about the guy "isn't worth a lick" and how he got "the short end of the stick". Plus the truck bit. Of course he drives a beat up chevy truck; what else would he drive?!

9. The Temptations - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"


For a break up song, The Temptations really made it fun and danceable. Every girl deserves a guy like the one singing these lyrics. :)

10. Train - "Drops of Jupiter"


Like I said before, some things never change. The memories this song holds will always keep me coming back for more. :)

Runners Up (Songs I Wish Pandora Would Play):

• Taio Cruz - "Dynamite"

Reminds me of a little girl I used to watch, Ellie. Always makes me so happy to think of her!

• Meghan Trainor - "All About That Base"

This song makes me laugh. I especially wanted to sing it on Thanksgiving due to all of the food we were planning on eating! I wanted a reminder that "boys like a little more booty to hold at night". :-P (The kids I watch know ALL of the dance moves in this song. It's sooo funny to watch.)

What are your current favorite songs? Do you have any that help you get through the week? Or are there any you wish Pandora would play?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...