2015 New Years Resolutions…

image from Howard

I absolutely HATE making resolutions. I like the idea of new beginnings and "doing better", but why does that have to happen in January? Furthermore, I am miserable at keeping to my goals. Read a book every month? Sounds simple until you put into practice. Time gets away from you and you wonder what happened to your goals come the next December.

Nevertheless, here are my goals. Will I keep them? Will I stick to them? Only time will tell. Here's to a fantastic New Year!

1. Read more. – Even one book a month is acceptable. I started this at the end of 2014, and I'm hoping I will continue. Reading is good for the mind. Plus it exposes us writers to new vocabulary and ways of expressing ourselves. This is kind of important if you happen to have a blog that you want to improve…

2. Take more pictures. – This is always my goal. I get frustrated though when my images don't turn out like I want them to. Excuses, excuses. I know. The more I do the better I'll get. Or so they say.

3. Save more. Pay off debt. Buy a car? – Justin and I did really good about paying off debt in 2014 despite all of the traveling we did. Could we have done better? Always. I have my weaknesses (books, clothes) and Justin has his (bike anything, kitchen anything). We are so close to paying off our credit cards and much further along in paying off student loans than we were a year ago. Can we do it? Will this be the year we become credit card debt free? (It had better be.)

4. Travel. – Last year we made it to Europe. Way cool. And we visited Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and DC. Where will we go this year? Hmmm…

We have weddings to attend in Tennessee and Florida, so we will definitely be going there. I'm considering taking Justin to WDW for his first time ever. I'd really love to experience the Epcot International Wine and Food Festival with him. That would be fun.

5. Health – Lose weight, walk more. Get a Fitbit maybe. (We gave one as a gift and it looks awesome!)

What are your New Year resolutions? I hope you are enjoying spending time this holiday with your friends and family!

* See my 2014 new year resolutions here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...