Thanks…


Yesterday as I was on my way to work, the passenger side ball joint on my car broke … along with the axle, and my car started leaking transmission fluid. (To people who don't speak car talk, like me, the tire fell off of my car while I was on the road.) Apparently, very easily I could have lost control of the vehicle, flipped and gotten very hurt. Luckily I wasn't on the highway and there were no vehicles in my direct path. I initially pulled over thinking I had a flat tire (no biggie, right?) only to find myself horrified about what really happened…

My dad, a mechanic, and my husband, not a mechanic, got to work on the vehicle right away last night knowing that they could fix it for much cheaper than a dealership (i.e. labor is free). To make up for the time I was taking away from my husband being able to cook in the kitchen, I decided to take on as much of his Thanksgiving cooking responsibilities as I could. I made a pumpkin pie that wouldn't set … then the blender broke while trying to combine soup. It was a frustrating day to say the least. Today has been more successful, thank goodness!

However, after all that I experienced yesterday, I have a newfound respect for all of the wonderful people in my life and all that they do for me.

I  love you dear friends and family.

It shouldn't take a broken blender or car for me to realize that, but sometimes it takes moments like that for you to sit back and realize how good you really have it. I am so very blessed.

Who all are you thankful for? Have you taken the time today to tell them or show them how much you care and appreciate all they do for you?

* Day 17 of November Blogathon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...