Idina Menzel - Holiday Wishes


Ever wished you could hear Elsa from Frozen sing some of your holiday favorites? Tony-award singer/actress, Idina Menzel did her very best to make that happen this year with the release of Holiday Wishes, a compilation of music produced by Grammy Award-winner Walter Afanasieff (Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey) featuring such classic favorites as “All I Want For Christmas Is You” and “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas".

According to an interview with the artist, Idina does not have fond memories of Christmas, but she is hoping that this album will encompass all of the feelings that people deal with at this time of year, whether you are happy, sad, or something in between.

While I was super excited to get the chance to review this album, I'll admit that Idina's voice seemed to be a little bit too much for the classic tunes I grew up with. In making the first few tracks her own, she lost the little bit of magic I was expecting to hear. This is not to say the album did not have a few gems that stood out to me. I especially enjoyed listening to "December Prayer" and "River".

This album may not have been what I was expecting, but I'd love to know if you are excited about getting to hear "Elsa" sing some of your Christmas favorites? Does my review make you apprehensive? Or are you as excited as ever to purchase the album?

itunesamazon

Feel free to check out Idina Menzel on her official site or keep up with her on facebook!

* I participated in the Idina Menzel Holiday Wishes album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...