Fall Food Favorites

image from: PBerry

Here are my 5 fall food favorites:

1. FONDUE.

Cheese. ALL of the cheese.

But more specifically Gruyere and Emmental.

And no, I did not receive any free samples from Switzerland for this review. All opinions are my own. (I'm perfectly willing to sample free cheese though! Be sure to send it my way!)

P.S. Add a French baguette and some black raspberry jam (combined with the cheese on the bread) and you shall have my heart forever! It is THAT good. It quickly becomes clear why the French have cheese for dessert; no ice cream is needed!

2. Pecans.

Add pecans to almost anything and it makes that thing taste soooo much better!

Justin and I went to a new restaurant, to us, called JCT Kitchen in Atlanta on Halloween night and tried a dish of sweet potatoes mixed with granny smith apples and a light dusting of crushed pecans on top. It was heavenly! That bit about cheese being a dessert? Well … this could have easily been a dessert too. You don't even need pecan pie! (But I can't imagine life without it!)

3. Apple Sausage (Butternut Squash) Ravioli

You've heard me go on and on about this recipe before, but, at this time of year, it is simply the perfect warm, delicious, and best seasonal dish I know of! I quite happily eat this over and over and over again.

4. Beercheese Soup and Strawberry Salad

YUM!

It's cold (but not too cold) and there is nothing better than this combination. Especially when served with a homemade, fresh-from-the-oven French baguette. :)

5a. Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes

5b. Chicken Pot Pie

5c. Boeuf Bourguignon

I couldn't choose a #5, so I decided to go with a "choose your own adventure" scenario. All of the above are good on the cold, dark nights that are upon us.

What are you favorite fall foods? Are there any recipes you can't wait to pull out of your "recipe closet" the minute the cool weather hits?

* Day 2 of November Blogathon.

2 comments:

  1. I love candy apples in the fall. Pecans are awesome, too! I love them in brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!! I am so full and you are making me hungry again loll I do enjoy adding pecans to some of my food dishes as well as deserts :) and soups are a huge hit in this house to.. thanks for all the tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...