Poshmark Review


A few weeks ago I was looking around Free People's website when I spotted a combination I just happened to love and had to have. Ok, so I didn't really have to have it… I don't ever really have to have anything. I like it though. But then I noticed that the person who shared this combination on Free People mentioned that the sweater coat she was wearing was from a year ago. It was no longer being sold on the FP website and it wasn't available on ebay either. *cue disappointment* I wasn't certain I'd ever be able to piece together this kind of ensemble even if I bought the dress portion that had just gone on sale (and is still on sale for those that are interested).

When I want something or want to know something or in any way shape or form becomes just the tiniest desperate, I will do whatever I can think of to try to get what I want. Sometimes I don't get anywhere and I'm unsuccessful no matter how much I want something to be, but sometimes I actually get what I want. As it turns out, even though ebay and FP no longer had the sweater jacket available to buy, someone had recently listed it on Poshmark. Through a google search of the product name, the picture from Poshmark appeared and I clicked. All I morning I read comments going back and forth between the lister and others that were interested… would the seller sell it for $15 less? what about $10 less? blah blah blah. I have this weird thing where I don't buy anything without talking to my husband first; it's good for our budget and it gave me the afternoon to ponder whether or not the item would still be available and how badly I wanted it.

Luckily (for me) when Justin got home, he was all for me buying it. The commenters were still going back and forth, so I worried that even if I commented, the seller would choose someone ahead of me. That's when Justin pointed out the "buy it now" button. While the commenters were going back and forth over cost and whether or not they wanted it, I simply bought it at full cost out from underneath them.

The product was shipped to me within 3 days from the seller. It was in great condition, and I had a great experience with my first buy on Poshmark. After you get the item, you have to let the people at Poshmark know that you received and then you have to rate it, which I suspect affects the buyer's ability to list and continue selling on Poshmark. You should keep in mind however that there is a no return policy, much like ebay, so be sure to ask the buyer any questions you have before purchasing. Research your product in full to determine you are buying the "real deal" and not some knock off replica, if you even care about having the "real deal". Poshmark is pretty big into the community aspect where they encourage you to share and "like" the clothing that you like with anyone that follows you on Poshmark (after you create an account) as well as bargaining with sellers for what you want.


I'm very much looking forward to taking advantage of the selling aspect of Poshmark in the near future. Supposedly (and I'll have to review this separately after I try it) they have an app that allows you to take and post pictures of your used clothing you no longer wear or like to be sold on Poshmark. You have the opportunity to build up a community and following (like on facebook) as well as participate in parties (like on twitter) to get your clothing seen. Once you sell an item, you have to ship it within a certain time period, obtain a tracking number and wait for the buyer to receive the product before you are paid. When you are paid, 20% of the cost is subtracted and given to those who work at Poshmark. Yes, it's a huge chunk of money, but you also have to keep in mind how much time you are saving by not taking pictures and posting on ebay. To some it may be worth it … and to some it may not. It really depends on you and your situation. I'm considering trying it simply because of how fast and easy it is. I never seem to make the time to sell any of my items on ebay. Usually I just donate my old clothes to Goodwill or *try* to sell them to Plato's Closet. With Poshmark, I'd have the chance to make money without even leaving my house!

What do you think? Have you tried Poshmark before? Are you willing to give them a shot?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...